When does Groupon conduct interviews for an internship?
Live at least three months where other people go on vacation, gain professional experience and pocket money of 150 euros on top: All this is offered by hotel internships organized by the "Spanish Work Exchange Program" (SWEP). Managing director Conny Lassen reports on her motivation, the attraction of Tenerife and the challenges for interns.
SZ: Ms. Lassen, how did you come to arrange hotel internships in the Canary Islands?
I was working as a quality manager in the hotel myself when the application from a German intern landed on my desk. Before we gave her an acceptance at my request, she had sent 60 applications within Spain, without success. It was a great experience for me to train such a motivated student. And it was the impetus for the "Spanish Work Exchange Program". We now work with over 100 partner hotels in the Canary Islands. In the last eight years we have been able to help over 1500 interns to do an internship.
What is special about Tenerife and Adeje?
The sunny climate, the lush nature and the bizarre landscapes. The sociability of the Tinerfeños makes life here easy and carefree and yet colorful and varied. Adeje invites you to linger with numerous cafes, small restaurants and its fruit and vegetable market. This is where locals mix with expats and tourists. I also like to play padel in the large, modern sports facility and visit the gym.
What do I have to pay attention to when applying for an internship with you?
The internship must be completed in connection with training or studies. The intern should be an EU citizen and at least 18 years of age at the start of the internship. The hotels prefer an internship of at least three months. Basic knowledge of Spanish is not compulsory, but it makes it much easier to get started. We therefore recommend an intensive language course as preparation.
What are the biggest challenges during the internship?
Interns from Germany often first have to adjust to the Spanish mentality and way of working. We are used to planning precisely and in good time. Here everything is more spontaneous and not always as planned. Some interns also believe that they can get away with their English skills here. Spanish remains the first language in the hotels. But this also has its advantages: You can improve your Spanish skills quickly.
- Light field technology startups and patents
- Is LinkedIn really helpful to a marketer?
- Are men made to fight
- Google updated its algorithm this week
- Who does Elon Musk hate most
- Is this picture authentic 1
- You Can Make Money Selling Amway
- What are the best funds recommended by donors
- How much bandwidth does Skype need
- Can one key open several door locks
- Is Corton fruit juice harmful to your health
- What is the political scenario in the US
- Are tunnels safe in case of earthquakes
- Donald Trump has grandchildren
- Why did your mother leave
- How is photosynthesis an oxidation reduction reaction
- What attracts mosquitoes to the blood
- Why does 86 mean to remove
- Is John Travolta gay?
- Where do we find magicians
- Is restaurant food the best
- How to say tiny in French
- What are the LSA types
- How was Egypt united