Why is Laravel the best frame
A brief introduction to the Laravel Framework
Tech talk culture
Since January I have been working as a backend developer at Questback in Cologne. What makes me very happy as an interested developer is the fact that Tech Talks on a wide variety of topics are held there at regular intervals. Since technologies and tools are developing very rapidly these days, this is a good opportunity to get to know new and interesting things and to give a brief overview of various topics as a team.
Since a planned tech talk was unfortunately canceled, I spontaneously took the opportunity to give the team a brief overview of the Laravel framework. In terms of timing, it fits quite well, version 5 of the framework was released at the beginning of this month.
The Laravel Ecosystem
In the 45-minute Tech Talk, I first gave an overview of the entire Laravel ecosystem: Starting with the two repositories laravel / laravel and laravel / framework, through the framework-internal namespace to the local development environment Homestead. Of course, Laravel Forge was also mentioned, as it offers a convenient way to deploy your application on a cloud-based hosting provider.
The fact that Laravel in the framework itself relies on many components from the Symfony framework then caused a positive surprise for one or the other listener. A central component here is the HttpKernelInterface StackPHP, which models the entire request and response flow.
The HttpKernelInterface models web request and response as PHP objects, giving them value semantics.
Inversion of Control
What should of course not go unmentioned when introducing the Laravel Framework: Laravel's IoC Container. As the central service manager, it offers the developer the opportunity to consistently use the dependency injection pattern. And while in Laravel 4 it was previously only possible to pass dependencies via the constructor, Laravel 5 offers via Method injection also the possibility of passing objects as parameters to a method.
There is even more
Since the Tech Talk was just a first overview, I deliberately avoided (too much) program code in the presentation. Nevertheless, I briefly discussed how blade views are structured, what is hidden behind Eloquent and what an Eloquent model can look like with a relation in Laravel.
The entire Tech Talk can be downloaded here as a PDF document.
- How do search engines use machine learning
- What are the benefits of soy milk
- What are the characteristics of even numbers
- What's on the North Korean internet
- Greet everyone with a funny smile
- Where do you store user research data
- How does Bitcoin differ from traditional currencies
- Which singing bird is least known
- What's the best Steely Dan album
- What just doesn't want to die
- What is your homemade diet plan
- What is your rating of Modafinil Provigil
- What's so attractive about YA novels
- What are the 7 types of syllables
- Who wrote the book called Aamuktha Maalyada
- Why is biology important in his life
- Are avocados good for you
- How to say tiny in French
- Did you like the movie NTR kathanayakudu
- What is the troubling fact of life
- Did King Solomon exist
- Can I start my life again
- What are some life changing Christian books
- Which state is best known for BBQ
- Who are the best thriller writers
- Is Charlie Rose overrated as an interviewer
- How do you calculate trust in outsourcing
- What are some organic remedies for deafness
- Is there an iTunes card in India?
- Who was Malcolm X 2
- What is parameter
- Ship J Hope and Sprite