All robots can move
Oh, wouldn't it be nice if, with just one click, the drink from the fridge could be delivered straight to the soccer game in the garden? What sounds like a dream for the future could soon become a reality with the help of robots
A machine with many faces
Robots are machines that move with the help of motors and can perform various tasks. The movements of the robot are controlled by a computer program. In order to complete tasks independently, robots can also be equipped with sensors such as a camera. Robots can look very different and take on a wide variety of tasks.
For example, there are service robots on wheels that can support old people, small robots that automatically mow the lawn, and robots that defuse bombs. Robots are now also used in space. There, for example, they research distant planets such as Mars. It is way too far away for humans. Thanks to the Mars robot Curiosity, research can still be carried out there.
Are robots the workers of the future?
Above all, however, in industry, for example in car body construction, nothing works today without robots. There, the one-armed machines relieve people of a lot of work and screw, weld or assemble cars on the assembly line. And the trend continues. Expert studies have shown that up to five million jobs are to be replaced by robots by 2020. The advantages for companies are clear: Robots don't get sick, don't ask for money, work around the clock and, with the exception of minor failures, always do their work the same way. This is a great advantage for simple activities.
Robots are becoming more and more like us
In the future, however, robots should also take on even more difficult tasks and, above all, talk to people. In Japan there is now even a first hotel in which a robot welcomes hotel guests and books the room for them. The hotel robot there not only speaks like a human, it also looks like one. Experts call these human-like robots humanoid robots.
Status: January 18, 2016, 10:15 am
- Is Lovato a Spanish name
- Where does society stand in the history of mankind?
- How is potassium hydroxide made
- Why is Brahmagupta considered a great mathematician
- How is Java for Competitive Programming
- Jesus had a surname
- Does it affect your academics to have friends?
- Are European cruises worth it?
- What is the great intellectual achievement
- Hima Das is a Navodaya student
- Which team will liga bbva win
- Which dentist is good in Ghaziabad
- What is the difference between python and c
- What makes everyone love babies
- What language did the jutes speak?
- What are Nadi Astrology Secrets
- Fear can make you feel wrongly ill
- What is a paged workbook in Tableau
- Why are Ahmadis not safe in Pakistan?
- Can marry a disabled doctor
- Why do we have to sleep 7
- What did Churchill think of Oswald Mosley?
- Should India join the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- What is the metronome speed for Allegretto