Which motherboards work with Ryzen 3000
Two new budget CPUs from AMD have started and B550 mainboards are appearing to match. With the imminent release of Ryzen 4000, the end of the AM4 socket is slowly approaching. Now there is official information about its future compatibility with upcoming CPUs.
At the launch of the Ryzen 3 3100 and Ryzen 3 3300X, AMD revealed more details about the B550, the latest motherboard chipset. Accordingly, the manufacturer showed a diagram that illustrates the compatibility between chipsets and processors with AM4 socket. As a result, upcoming Ryzen CPUs are included Zen 3 architecture only compatible with X570 and B550.
The official compatibility overview of the Ryzen chipsets (Image: AMD)
AMD confirms that the Ryzen 4000 series with corresponding AM4 boards work become. A previous statement by the Schenker brand XMG contradicts AMD's diagram. According to XMG, B450 motherboards should also be compatible with Ryzen 4000 processors.
In a blog entry on the future of the AM4 socket, AMD writes that there are no plans to introduce Zen 3 support for chipsets below the 500 series. The memory chips for the BIOS settings and CPU support are included Mainboards with older chipsets are simply too limiting. This caused upgrade problems with earlier Ryzen generations.
Outlook on Zen 4 and review of AM4
For owners of X570 or B550 mainboards is a BIOS update requiredto work with Ryzen 4000 CPUs. More information about this update will be available at a later date. The next processor series will be the last with Zen 3 architecture - at least in the desktop area, because Cezanne follows for notebooks. The desktop CPUs of the Ryzen 5000 series rely on the new Zen 4 architecture and will no longer support the AM4 socket.
AM4 has existed since 2016 and is unlike Intel sockets particularly durable. The blog entry from AMD summarizes some special features of the socket. Since its inception, the number of cores of compatible processors has quadrupled from four to sixteen and the number of threads has even increased eightfold from four to 32. In addition, already came four different architectures and manufacturing processes (Structure sizes) are used. There has also been significant progress in terms of the speed of the RAM and the PCIe lanes.
source : AMD (blog)
- Ted Bundy represented himself
- How is social engineering successful
- Why are some places haunted
- Suggest some graphic novels for me to read
- Which is dangerous Conservative or Liberal
- How many types of multistage centrifugal pumps
- Is Suresh Raina a Kashmiri
- What are the prescription EEGLASS LENS TYPES
- Is traveling an advantage or not
- Facebook message request will be ignored
- What offensive words start with N.
- What is the etymology of wiretapping
- Are tattoos negatively correlated with intelligence?
- Pay Obama child support
- Who is your spirit animal
- What are the limitations of pie charts
- What are the other names of WiFi
- What is the role of man in the universe
- What are Chris Hemsworth's best films
- What are retinal cells
- Can you write something about hair henna
- Who first established colonialism in Africa
- How poisonous are brown recluse spiders
- Why do managers have to study psychology