What is a foreign market
Survey: hurdles for foreign fund houses on the German market
Germany remains attractive as a market for foreign investment companies: More and more fund houses are moving to Frankfurt, Munich or the Rhine-Ruhr region. At the end of 2002, the number of non-German investment companies in Germany was still 28According to the financial supervisory authority BaFin and the industry association BVI, over 700 foreign asset managers are now active between Flensburg and Passau.
But the road to “good old Germany” is not easy and the difficulties before you can do business in Germany are manifold (as anyone in the fund industry who has already worked for a US, French or British company will probably confirm Has). They range from the complex German tax system and special knowledge of sales to getting used to the (from some non-German point of view) very direct interaction with one another. And new challenges and trends in Germany such as ESG / SRI and the digitization of the industry are not making life any easier ...
What legal, administrative and personal hurdles do employees of foreign fund companies in Germany have to overcome?Hagen Gerle, Director Gerle Financial Communications
In order to find out more precisely which hurdles foreign investment managers had to take and still have to take in order to be successful in the German market, Gerle Financial Communications (GFC), a specialized communications consultancy for financial service providers, initiated a short survey. This is about taking legal and administrative issues into account (e.g. the question of a branch or permanent establishment), as well as sales in Germany and personal challenges, such as the partner's job search.
The path for foreign asset managers who want to gain a foothold in the German fund market is often arduous and involves some effort.
The questionnaire only consists of twelve questions and a critical review of your own market entry; answering should therefore take no longer than ten to 15 minutes. Participants can request the anonymized results from GFC at the end of the survey - the survey is open from January 21 to February 29, 2020 - in order to provide a benchmark for access to the German fund market.
The asset manager survey (in English) for foreign fund companies in Germany starts here.
January 21, 2020
 Source: Handelsblatt, 22/10/2003: "Foreign fund houses want to conquer the German market"
 Source: Fund professionell, 3/2019: "Newly arrived"
- What is the world's largest wireless network
- Is graphite a mixture of compound or element
- Counts BPO experience on MBA internships
- How did totalitarianism lead to World War II
- Is the Mandalorian a bloody Mandalorian
- What is an internet domain
- How can I easily learn foreign alphabets?
- What are the other names of Karna
- Boys like it when girls giggle
- What does the word app stand for
- Lie scientists
- Is it possible to cure from anorexia
- What makes us have different languages
- Which is the broadest mother of Chhattisgarhi
- How do recruiters choose online resumes
- Should I avoid sin or suffering
- Android requires an antivirus program
- How do affixes change meanings
- Can you name a few famous autodidacts
- How people submit research to conferences
- What do you random person believe in
- Are Kodi AddOns illegal
- Americans are generally arrogant
- Why is school so unbearable