Which are growing hardware startups in Stockholm
When founders crank up Editorial Weitnauer Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater Munich Berlin Hamburg Mannheim weitnauer.net l y g o o n h c e T e c n a n F i s n o i t c a s n a r T Dear Readers, When founders crank up, it can shake up entire industries. The most prominent example of this is undoubtedly the US car manufacturer Tesla: When the founder and jack-of-all-trades Elon Musk launched the company in 2003, the majority of society, politics and above all the other OEMs agreed that electromobility should be a niche topic that would never lead to significant ﬁ nancial success. Almost to the day exactly 17 years after it was founded, on June 12, 2020, Tesla achieved a market value of 180 billion USD, a higher market value than the German carmakers Volkswagen, Daimler and BMW combined; OEMs around the world are lagging behind the Americans' technological lead. Today hardly anyone speaks of the fact that electrically powered cars have no future. In Germany one looks for start-ups of the Tesla format (so far) in vain. However, this does not mean that founders in this country do not stir up entire industries. One sector that has been dominated by digitization for a number of years is retail. There, the e-commerce start-up About You, which was only founded in 2014, reported sales of EUR 742 million for the 2019/2020 financial year and plans to go public in 2021 with a valuation of around EUR 3 billion. In the twelfth year after its founding, Benjamin Heimlich, editor-in-chief, the competitor Zalando managed to post sales of just under EUR 13.7 billion. For comparison: the Otto Group, which has been on the market since 1949, achieved sales of EUR 14.3 billion in 2019/2020. Worth mentioning: Otto now generates the majority of its sales online and the “creative partner” and supervisory board member Benjamin Otto is both co-founder and partner at About You. A change that would certainly not have come about so quickly without the pressure from start-ups. In order for founders to be able to exert this pressure on established companies and really crank it up, a number of factors must come together. In the special issue “Start-up 2021” that is before you, VentureCapital Magazin approaches some of these factors from different angles. In interviews, background reports and articles by well-known guest authors, we shed light on topics such as setting up a university, putting together a team, forms of financing for start-ups and legal aspects of setting up a company. [email protected] 3 Start-up 2021 wishes you an exciting read
- Are all tube lights fluorescent
- What is the future of osteopathic medicine
- Why should I never eat tomatoes?
- Scientologists have mental health problems
- Which is easily breakable metal
- Who discovered EKA silicon?
- What is the lightest solid on earth
- Is F ma a definition
- What is meant by the word innocent?
- Can be an operator
- Can people of different intelligence be friends?
- Why is manual annotation of videos difficult?
- What five people will make you smarter
- What does Buddhism say about aggression
- Is Alex Jones banned from Facebook
- Are pollution masks really effective
- Who is the father of Urdu poetry
- What is a TSO for transport security officers
- What is the best makeup brush cleaner
- Is there indisputable evidence that ghosts exist?
- What is detachment
- How can I easily learn foreign alphabets?
- Where did Auto Motors start?
- How do you impress an American