In which countries does ADHD not exist?
1. The most important points in brief
When planning a vacation, it should be ensured that the destination is a relaxed atmosphere that is pleasant for children and that there are plenty of opportunities to work. In addition, you should carefully inform yourself in advance about the import regulations for drugs such as methylphenidate or amphetamine.
Children - with or without ADHD - should be able to have a say in planning family vacations according to their age. The various ways of getting here should take into account the Self-assessment of the child be weighed. Some prefer to travel by car because, for example, the time intervals between exercise breaks can be individually adjusted compared to long-distance flights or train journeys. Others, on the other hand, prefer to fly because the parents can give the child more attention and attention during the flight.
3. Suitable vacation destinations
For children with ADHD, and also their parents, a holiday in a holiday home or a children's hotel is usually more relaxed, as the needs of the children can be better addressed there. Here there are many opportunities to move around, romp and share experiences with parents.
Children with ADHD may find it difficult to get involved in new group constellations. Self-organization and the ability to work in a team can be impaired by ADHD. Holiday camps (e.g. as part of the district holiday programs) can overwhelm children with ADHD depending on the situation. However, there are more and more offers that specifically cater to the needs of children with ADHD. As a rule, these holiday camps have more carers for the children and support them in their daily routine and in their social behavior.
4.1. Withdrawal from medication
It is recommended that long-term medication for the treatment of ADHD be discontinued once a year. In this way, possible growth delays can be made up and it is observed whether drug treatment is still necessary. If a trip is planned during the interruption in taking, it should be taken into account that the child's behavior may change. Symptoms such as hyperactivity, inattentiveness and impulsivity can reappear more frequently and to a greater extent.
4.2. Methylphenidate / Amfetamine when traveling abroad
Methylphenidate or amfetamines are narcotics and can be confiscated when entering other countries. Therefore, the following rules should be observed:
4.2.1. Travel to the member states of the Schengen Agreement
The member states of the Schengen Agreement include all EU member states (with the exception of Great Britain, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia) as well as Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. The following applies to trips to these member states:
- Patients who are dependent on the use of narcotics must have the Package insert as well as - in non-German speaking countries in English - one Certificate can show that the patient has to take the medication on the basis of a doctor's prescription. This medical declaration must be issued by the competent state authority certified become.
- The "Certificate according to Article 75 of the Schengen Implementation Agreement" can be requested from the Federal Opium Office in Bonn: Telephone 0228 99 307-5136 or download at www.bfarm.de> Service> Forms> Federal Opium Office Forms> Forms Narcotics> Taking narcotics with you when traveling abroad. The certificate is valid for a maximum of 30 days. The patient is allowed to carry the amount of narcotics with him that he needs for the duration of the stay because of his health problem. In the Customs declaration these drugs must be specified.
4.2.2. Travel to countries that are not members of the Schengen Agreement
* For the sake of simplicity, ADHD is used as a collective term for ADS (attention deficit disorder) and ADHD (attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder).
5. Related links
Health insurance coverage abroad: protection abroad
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
ADHD> Sports and Recreation
Disability> Vacation and free time
- Feel inferior to other people
- Isn't CS good compared to CA.
- What is a peer
- Why my keyboard suddenly stopped working
- Direct lighting affects your mood
- How is the environment at Thapar University
- What's the story of pi
- Are paid Shopify themes worth it
- Why is a comparative analysis important for investors
- What is made up of amino acids
- Are you happy with your son
- Can I start my life again
- What are the North American countries
- What is the function of the leaf spring
- What problems do a teacher have
- What does your country's library look like
- What is a microarray blood test
- Is camping allowed overnight in Maharashtra India
- Love can cause insomnia
- What is a microspore mother cell
- What is ciprofloxacin used for?
- How did DB Cooper die
- People describe you as eccentric
- Why did people become monogamous