What is strained electronic music
Conversation with Nikita Marshunok alias Nikita I. "We are the most perfect republic in the world!"
The tiny republic "KaZantip", hardly bigger than the Vatican, has a constitution, a government whose ministers are responsible for "sound, good humor and architecture", as well as a president for life who has only one goal: his Citizens may be happy "24 hours a day". The president's name is Nikita I. And Nikita's motto is, "It's hard to change the world, but you can create your own little world."
Nikita I. began with this in 1992, when his name was Nikita Marshunok. At that time, the young man held a windsurfing competition, which was concluded with a concert. From this a festival for electronic music developed over the years, whereby Nikita I. prefers to speak of an "art project". In 2000, Marshunok founded the republic "KaZantip" (that's the name of a cape in the Black Sea) on the beach in the village of Popovka in the west of the Crimean peninsula. A republic that actually only exists for five weeks each year: from the last week of July to the end of August. During this time, however, "KaZantip" is regarded by its citizens - and this is more than 100,000 year after year - as a paradise, surrounded by the sounds of the most famous DJs in the world.
In 2014 Nikita I. left his refuge in the Crimea. Because of the tense political situation in Ukraine, he relocated his fantasy republic to a beach on the Black Sea in Georgia. But there they were not only welcomed with open arms: the Christian Orthodox Church called for protest. In 2015 the festival is back in Crimea.
Bring cash and a flashlight
Thousands of young people from all over the world celebrate together in Crimea? It looks like that will be possible again in 2015. The tips on how to get there and where to stay already promise a bit of the free, relaxed atmosphere of the festival: Organize your trip yourself because it is much cheaper and there are no authorized tour operators, have cash instead of credit cards, and a flashlight and sunscreen with a high factor are recommended . Oh yes, and you need a visa for Russia and a passport that is still valid for several months. Festival guests cannot come to the colorful republic without formalities ...
- What Are the Best Masters Degrees in Journalism
- Are casinos legal
- How important is the White House OMB
- What degrees are best to come together
- Why should anyone write about you
- How many women did Ted Bundy kill
- Can you store energy using magnetic flux
- Which US presidents adopted children
- Why is COOH angry
- What if our life is a simulation
- Is Trump criminally involved with Russia?
- What is watermelon good for?
- Is Brita a carbon filter
- Why is all-wheel drive called 4x4
- Who pays the BBC Poppies
- What is the origin of Malawach
- What causes the red color in salmon
- What makes people crave food
- Which deodorant lasts longer?
- How can we write a hard essay
- What are the North American countries
- What does overvoltage mean in electrochemistry
- How long does the express delivery take
- What language do you speak at home