What should I do after graduation?
Career opportunities after graduation
What can I expect after graduation?
For some courses this is professional goal Quite clear: Anyone studying to become a teacher usually wants to become a teacher. Anyone studying speech therapy wants to become a speech therapist.
But anyone who studies civil engineering, for example, has afterwardsmany possibilities: As an engineer, you can't just design buildings. Preparing reports or advising the construction industry are also possible activities.
For other degree programs, the goals are even more open: Above all, students of the humanities and cultural sciences prepare themselves for a very wide range of professional opportunities with their studies. During your studies you will learn skills that can be used in various areas of responsibility. This applies to many subjects.
Good to know: In some cases, students only develop a fixed job profile towards the end of their studies. Often acquired additional qualifications are helpful.
It makes sense to familiarize yourself with the later professional life to deal with.
Further information on career opportunities after graduation:
Watch films about everyday life in various professions on BERUFE.TV.
You can find ideas for career opportunities after graduation at berufsfeld-info.de and in the “abi >> Info folder for study professions” in the career information center (BiZ). Find a BiZ near you.
The occupational field overviews offer possible study occupations according to occupational fields.
You can find descriptions of all subjects in BERUFENET.
Important: Is the future job profile clearly anchored in your studies? If not, think about where your path should lead at an early stage. Internships, student jobs and professional networks can give you clues. Find contact with the world of work. If possible, align your further studies with your goals.
And what are my future chances on the job market?
Unfortunately, there is no general answer to this question. In principle, unemployment among academics is the lowest on average. However, there are some big differences between individual occupational groups or industries.
"Anti-cyclical behavior" can sometimes be an advantage when choosing a career. That means not necessarily studying what everyone is doing. However, it can also take a lot of passion and patience to be successful.
Tip: When choosing a career, your strengths and interests should be more important than the current job market prospects. You will certainly be most successful in what you are particularly good at and what you enjoy.
Further information and assistance:
- When do you use on versus in
- Is there a saint who lives
- How to get to Bollywood
- Did God create the third eye
- How much can you whiten your teeth
- How do I create an administrator account
- What do I eat instead of sugar
- Which phenomenon causes polarization of light
- How many coors of lights make you drunk
- What happens Digital marketing is going to be absolutely cheap
- Is Chipotle good for a keto diet
- Is BIT Sindri better than NITs
- Will the class struggle ever end?
- The traffic rules change regularly
- What do you mean by audit
- How sensitive are you to social signals
- How did Britain become so powerful
- Why can't I stand each other
- What do others not understand about ISFJs
- Lie scientists
- What are the different types of channels
- Let's prepare for World War III
- Is LinkedIn better than Facebook
- What do the military fear most