What is the prefix for happiness
From Wiktionary, the free dictionaryJump to navigationJump to search
Half prefix (German) 
Noun, n[To edit]
- Half prefix, plural: half prefixe
- IPA: [ˈhalpˌpʁɛːfɪks]
- Audio samples: Semi-prefix (Info)
-  Linguistics:grammatical morpheme that resembles a lexeme in shape but does not have the meaning of that lexeme. It is used like a prefix for derivation.
- Determinative compound half and prefix
-  prefixoid
-  Half-suffix, suffixoid
-  Affixoid, word formation
-  In the lexeme "Riesenfest", "Riesen-" is a Semi-prefix; it looks like the noun "giant" (tall person, legendary figure), but does not have this meaning. Instead, it means here "very successful, very big (festival)".
-  "We will encounter a corresponding phenomenon with the prefixes, which is reflected in the term prefixoid (Semi-prefix) is expressed. "
-  "That is why FLEISCHER advocates the introduction of a transitional class, for which he uses the term 'half suffix' or Semi-prefix or suggests 'relative suffix' or 'relative prefix' (...). "
-  "The term Semi-prefix corresponds to the term prefixoid, which is used here. "
-  “In research, these are word formation tools Half prefixes and called half-suffixes or prefixoids and suffixoids (...). "
References and further information:
-  Hadumod Bußmann: Lexicon of Linguistics. 3rd, updated and expanded edition. Kröner, Stuttgart 2002. Keyword: “half prefix”. ISBN 3-520-45203-0.
-  Helmut Glück (ed.), With the assistance of Friederike Schmöe: Metzler Lexicon Language. Third, revised edition, keyword: "half prefix". Metzler, Stuttgart / Weimar 2005. ISBN 978-3-476-02056-7.
- ↑Rosemarie Lühr: New High German. Fink, Munich 1986, page 174. ISBN 3-7705-2287-7.
- ↑Wolfram Wilss: Word formation tendencies in contemporary German. Narr, Tübingen 1986, page 28. ISBN 3-87808-344-0.
- ↑Franz Simmler: German morphology. Inflectional and word formation morphology. Weidler, Berlin 1998, page 486. ISBN 3-89693-304-3
- ↑Peter Braun: Trends in contemporary German. Language varieties. 4th edition. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Berlin / Cologne 1998, page 175. ISBN 3-17-015415-X. Printed in italics: Half prefixes and half suffixes or prefixoids and suffixoids.
- Would you die to save 300 people
- All Yiddish speakers can understand each other
- What is Rastafarianism
- Could someone explain the 2008 market crash?
- Where can I get SS7 software from
- Why do you want Jammu Kashmir
- Is tasty subjective
- FIFO is a queue
- What is Arduino software
- Schools will be closed before the Ayodhya ruling
- How was pizza made
- Laughing may cause an asthma attack
- What is Magnesium II Chloride
- What is anycast
- How safe are the Maldives
- Education is free in Afghanistan
- How can I make my YouTube channel known
- What are the best buildings in Chennai
- Which Samuel Beckett books do you recommend?
- Which vitamin is good for learning
- What causes agonal breathing in cats
- What is Legitimate Trade in African History
- How Much Does Parse Self Hosting Cost
- What did Jeffrey Dahmer do