Which application is best for hiding apps
Hide apps - this is how it works
Would you like to remove preinstalled apps that you don't need from your start screen or protect personal apps from prying eyes for various reasons? Here we show you how you can hide apps on your Android device or iPhone.
It can happen that you give your mobile phone out of your hand, for example to show mom the last vacation photos or to let a friend call. However, you want some content, such as your numerous dating apps or a game that you are embarrassed to be, not immediately visible to everyone. We have compiled the various ways in which apps can be hidden for you.
Hide apps on Android devices
There is no one-size-fits-all solution for hiding apps on Android devices. Nevertheless, the most common models have different approaches that you can use to hide apps.
Some preinstalled apps can be deactivated on Android devices:
- Go to the Settings.
- Open the Apps.
- Tap an app that you want to disable. If this is not possible, the deactivate button is grayed out.
- If the field isn't grayed out, tap Deactivate.
- Confirm the deactivation again.
Apps can also be hidden on Samsung, LG or HTC devices. For smartphones from LG and Samsung, proceed as follows:
- Open the Settings.
- Scroll to the menu item display.
- Tap Home screen.
- Click on Hide apps.
- Select all apps that you want to hide and confirm your selection by clicking on Apply.
For HTC phones, open the App menu and click on the top right three points. Under Show / hide apps you select the apps that you want to hide.
With Samsung you can still create a secure folder in which, among other things, apps can be hidden. Here we show you how to set up and use a secure folder.
Hide apps on iPhone
Usually, preinstalled apps cannot be uninstalled. However, you can hide some of them.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to Screen time.
- Set the control at the Restrictions to the right and click Allowed apps.
- To deactivate the individual apps, slide the slider to the left so that it is highlighted in gray. The app is no longer displayed.
Another option is to hide apps in folders. The applications are not really hidden or hidden, but are no longer visible at first glance. To hide apps in a folder, you have to select at least two applications.
- Hold down an app until all of the apps start shaking.
- Drag the app into an existing folder or drag it onto another app that you want to hide to create the folder.
- Drag the app you want to hide to the last page within the folder. To do this, hold it down and drag it to the right edge of the folder.
- You can create up to twelve pages within an app folder. It is therefore advisable to fill the folder with unimportant apps so that the app to be hidden is as far back as possible.
- When you are done, only the first page will be visible on the home screen.
However, you can still find the hidden apps using the Spotlight search. You can deactivate this as follows:
- Open the Settings.
- Tap Siri & Search.
- Scroll down to the list of all apps and select the application that should no longer appear in the search in the future.
- Slide the slider down Show in search to the left until it is highlighted in gray.
- The option will now appear Show app. Again, slide the slider to the left to deactivate it.
If none of the proposed solutions lead to the desired success or if you are not sure enough, you can also use third-party apps such as AppLocker or Apex Launcher.
- Do you own a roku
- Is Barbados a good travel destination
- How healthy is sushi
- What is pan determinism
- What makes a great digital display
- Why do we use a ballpoint pen
- Is cuboid a cube
- What is Falun Dafa and its benefits
- Air sickness or vomiting in flight is common
- What are your best dad tips
- Why did Indian soldiers fight in World War II
- What do horses want most?
- Is pork healthy
- How do I use the word thought
- What are Vivadi Ragas
- How do you stop shaking with nerves
- How do I make a deer noose
- Female trophy hunters lack empathy
- Is Jenkins a CI or a CD
- Why does Bloxburg need Robux
- How do I prevent bad smell from cloth
- What is the story behind Houston Texas
- What is a cigarette
- Queen is still touring