What software is used in software development
What is software development? Things you need to know
POSTED: November 22, 2019 12:43 pm, By admin
We live in a world where software is a huge part of our daily lives, from cars to phones to coffee makers, software plays a huge role in our modern lifestyle. Behind every fancy application that we use, be it on our cell phones, laptops or on our cars and homes, there is software in the backend that tells the application what to do. In this guide, learn more about software development, how does it work? What is that? and the methods behind it. This manual is aimed at anyone who wants to learn more about software development, it is not necessary to have a technical background to follow this manual. In this guide, we will mainly focus on the important aspects of software development, such as:
- Software development processes
- Software development life cycle
- Methods of software development
- Software developer
- Programming languages
- Differences between backend and frontend.
Software development also known as (software design, application development, or platform development) is, in simple terms, a series of instructions or programs created to perform a task or action. According to IBM Research, "Software development refers to a set of computer science activities dedicated to the process of creating, designing, deploying, and supporting software." Indeed, software development is a set of processes, like the Software is to be developed. Every software has a life cycle.
Software life cycle models describe phases of the software cycle and the order in which these phases are executed. Each phase produces results that are required for the next phase of the life cycle. The goal of SDLC or Software Development Life Cycle is to produce software of the highest quality and lowest cost in the shortest possible time. There are several phases that are included in SDLC, it includes requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, publishing and maintenance & support. There are six phases in every software development lifecycle, which are as follows:
- Requirements analysis: The first phase of any software development lifecycle is the collection of requirements. Do you know who will be using the system? How are you going to use it? What kind of data are entered by the users? Which data is output by the system? And other important information for the entire development is usually gathered in this phase. In this phase, information is gathered from the customer in order to develop a product based on their specification and expectations.
Once the requirements are collected, they are analyzed and examined how this data can be incorporated into the system development.
After the requirements have been completed, the Software Requirement Specification document is created. Both developers and customers should carefully review the SRS document and use it for future reference.
- Design: The design phase, or as known in software development as technical design, is supervised by the development team. Typically, senior developers and software architects are responsible for the design phase. In this phase, you and the development team decide what software needs, how it will look, and the time frame for developing the software. This phase also establishes workflows in which the engineers decide what kind of databases to use in the order and create a data model. This phase will help you for the next phases of software development that you need to go through.
- Implementation / coding: The next phase after the design phase is the implementation or coding phase. After receiving the system design documents, the work is divided into modules and programming begins. This is usually the most time consuming phase of the software development cycle. Software developers write the code based on the system design specification document. A lot of planning is required before the first line of code is written. In this phase, the development tasks are divided up so that the project can be broken down into individual parts. Going bit by bit gives us time to review and conduct feedback sessions to make sure development is on the right track.
- Test: At Vizah GmbH we know that software development gets better if you test the software during the development process. This way, problems / bugs are found during the build and our developers can usually fix them in this phase without negatively affecting the other phases of software development. In this phase all kinds of tests are carried out, such as unit tests, system tests, acceptance tests and integration tests. We're taking one more step to ensure that the testing phase is complete. We are bringing in a group of users to test the product and give us feedback. User testing is important as it helps uncover issues that may not be obvious to our developers.
- Maintenance: As soon as customers start using the developed system, the real problems arise and need to be resolved from time to time. This process of taking care of the product being developed is known as maintenance.
Methods of software development
To be successful in managing software development, there are few different methods that managers or teams can use for their process. All methods are different and have their strengths and weaknesses. Here is an overview of the most commonly used software development methods.
Agile methodology in software development
One of the most common methods used today is agile. Teams use the agile development methodology to minimize risks (such as errors, cost overruns, and changing requirements) when adding new functionality. For all agile methods, teams develop the software in iterations that contain mini-increments of the new functionality. There are many different forms of agile development methodology including Scrum, Crystal, Extreme Programming (XP), and Feature Driven Development (FDD).
DevOps deployment methodology
DevOps is not just a development methodology, it is also a set of practices that support a corporate culture. DevOps focuses on organizational changes that improve collaboration between the departments responsible for different segments of the development lifecycle, such as development, quality assurance, and operations.
Waterfall methodology in software development
Many consider the waterfall method to be the most traditional software development method. The waterfall method is a rigid linear model made up of sequential phases (requirements, design, implementation, verification, maintenance) that focus on specific goals. Each phase must be 100% complete before the next phase can begin. Usually there is no process of going back to change the project or direction.
Rapid application development methodology
Rapid Application Development (RAD) is a condensed development process that produces a high quality system with low investment costs. Scott Stiner, CEO and President of UM Technologies, said in Forbes, "This RAD process enables our developers to quickly adapt to changing needs in a fast-paced and ever-changing market." The ability to adapt quickly enables such a low investment cost.
Software development is one of the fastest growing industries and the potential for a career is endless. There are different types of software development and here are some you should know:
- Back end development
- Software tools development
- API development
- Embedded Systems Development
- Security software development
- Cloud computing
- Mobile development
- Web development
- Application development
- Data sciences
3.1. Types of programming languages?
There are basically two types of programming languages, low-level languages or known as assembly or and high-level languages like C #, Java, Python, etc.
Frontend refers to the client side, while backend refers to the server side of the application. Both are critical to web development, but their roles, responsibilities, and the environment in which they work are completely different.
Software developer often work for computer companies and manufacturers. Your main job is to lay the foundations for operational systems that computer programmers work on. You will design, write, and test code for new systems and software to ensure efficiency. Software developers also run diagnostic programs and quality assurance (QA) reviews on existing projects before launching them to confirm effectiveness.
A software developer is involved in all processes related to the creation and design of new systems, from initial planning and setting parameters to design, writing, coding, encryption and testing. This process is usually carried out by a team of software developers, with each member performing a specific step in the process and a supervisor overseeing the entire project.
- Why do people talk loudly when they argue?
- MIT is not for the average citizen
- How can I be disciplined
- Boredom is the beginning of depression
- What are the psychological mind games
- Superpowers and supermen are possible
- Will Fitbit survive
- Moderate brain injury can affect intelligence
- When is the market research process
- Should I invite her to my party?
- Sounds nice to the Greek language
- Why don't people comment on Quora anymore
- How is an ISFP man
- Is Charlie Rose overrated as an interviewer
- Should children tell about their peers
- What scripture is your testimony?
- What is microbots
- Where can I sell viper venom
- Why is television so difficult
- Attendance at DAV College Chandigarh is compulsory
- Fish oil burns belly fat
- How can different species breed each other
- How do I clean a copper surface
- How difficult is the police hiring process