What is Senile Dementia
What is dementia
Knowing the cause of dementia is crucial for therapy and the success of the treatment. A distinction must therefore be made between primary dementia, which has its origin in the brain, or secondary dementia, which can be the result of other organic diseases, such as oxygen deficiency in cardiovascular diseases, etc.
The primary dementias include Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia, Lewy body dementia and frontotemporal dementia (Pick's disease). With them there is a pathological change in the brain mass.
Vascular dementia, on the other hand, is the result of a stroke, sometimes unnoticed (small) strokes or small blood vessels damaged by high blood pressure that permanently impede the blood supply to the brain. The insufficient supply leads to failure or death of different brain regions, which is why language, motor skills or memory can fail.
Senile dementia of the Alzheimer's type develops insidiously, vascular dementia has a gradual course. Both forms are irreversible.
Video "60 seconds of knowledge"
What is dementia and what is Alzheimer's? 60 seconds of knowledge with the founding director of the “Network Aging Research”, Heidelberg University, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Konrad Beyreuther.
- What's your favorite Garfield comic
- When someone should defrag their computer
- What are the best game design podcasts
- What is Libaio on Linux
- How can I listen carefully in class
- When did rap replace pop
- Why are COM websites unreliable
- Can we connect the cloud to an Arduino
- Do porn stars marry ordinary people
- What's in C size_t
- Fast typing is really important
- Which is hard quartz or calcite
- Has Kaspersky ever been hacked?
- Can you get shares in a person
- What is Adaline in neural networks
- How often should you exfoliate your face?
- Bitcoin is a virtual currency
- How small is the smallest nuclear reactor
- Lactose intolerance is passed on to the next generation
- Who was Mito Uzumaki
- Do you like ponies
- DSCE allows students to carry laptops
- What is the scope of the technique
- What is the type rating for pilots