Why do Catholics believe in transubstantiation
Majority of US Catholics do not believe in change
Nearly seven out of ten practicing US Catholics do not believe that the bread and wine are changed into the body and blood of Jesus Christ during Holy Communion.
A recent poll by the Washington-based research institute Pew Research Center found that many Catholics do not share this central teaching of the Roman Catholic Church. Instead, the majority of respondents stated that bread and wine are only “symbols of the body and blood of Jesus Christ”.
APA / Hand Klaus Techt
The change or transubstantiation is a central part of the Catholic faith
Only a third of all US Catholics actually see the body and blood of Jesus in it. Among the people who regularly attend the fair, however, more than 60 percent accept the so-called transubstantiation theory.
Elders are more likely to believe
The Pew poll also shows that belief in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist is still most widespread among older Catholics.
Transubstantiation - the idea that the bread and wine used in communion become the body and blood of Jesus Christ when transformed by the priest - is a central part of the Catholic faith. According to the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965), the Eucharist is “the source and culmination of all Christian life”.
- Is it worth investing in Kripto currency
- What is parametric polymorphism
- Would you vote for Melania Trump
- Does promoting a company actually help
- Who insures the insurance company
- Is nuclear energy effective
- What is Bhagavad Dharma
- Who is the best nutrition advisor in Nagpur
- At the moment, which coaching center is better
- Are all vegetables and fruits GMO
- Where's my Snapchat that I can't open
- What is the electronegativity of carbon
- What is imaginary love
- How corrupt is Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- Which engineering industry has a good scope
- Can I grow zucchini in pots?
- What is an online service
- Why are graphing calculators still so expensive
- Why did Leonardo Da Vinci write backwards
- Does music have a meaning
- Should Netflix start a theater chain
- Iran is suffering from some environmental disasters
- Death is painless with nitrogen
- 1985 Pontiac Fieros trusted cars
- Do polar bears ever get cold
- Who was behind the Arab spring
- What are the US Virgin Islands
- Is Quora trustworthy
- How do INTPs feel towards their parents?
- Ravi Sashtri was the worst coach ever
- Why do banks charge high interest rates
- What is an active low signal
- When would green plants perform photosynthesis?
- How did nomadic cultures differ from civilizations?