What is a perfect Ackerman steering
Draft of an Ackermann steering mechanism
You will need to make a few changes to your CAD drawing in order for it to conform to what Ackerman Theory says. I am sure once you have provided the correct information on your drawing you will find that it will work perfectly.
I've added a few notes to this image to help you better understand where you are wrong with your example.
First determine that in your example the pivot point (turning point of your tire) is exactly on the edge of the tire. You will see that in this picture the pivot point (red arrows with the marking A. ) is clearly removed from the tire at some distance.
Second comes the point where the rotating mechanism (red arrows labeled B. ) is on board, quite a distance from the pivot points. You have this in your drawing, but I'm pretty sure it's not enough. The point at which this point should be is described as follows: When you draw a line through the pivot point ( A. ) to the center of your rear axle (red arrow with C. marked), the arm pivot point ( B. ) be somewhere on that line, but in front of the tail of the tire (I actually estimate the length of the steering arm, but that length seems logical). It has to be long enough to make the difference, but not so long to tie things together. If I were a bettor I would put it at ~ 70% of the tire radius ( NOTE: I have Tire radius said, not the swing radius). Nevertheless, the pivot point on the steering arm must be on this line.
So you won't be bothered if it doesn't exactly works over the entire turning radius. According to Carroll Smith, in Tune to Win (P. 60):
No single intersection leads to real Ackerman steering over the entire area. However, if you move the point of intersection in the longitudinal plane, you can approach the normal steering angle range.
Once you correct these things, you will find that your model is working much closer to your expectations.
As a side note, if you want technical information about it, you can interpret it mathematically. Racetech.com.au puts it (NOTE: you don't have a clear picture or I would steal it and post it here. When I have time later, I'll recreate your chart and edit this post.)
- Why did you go to the military police
- What is juice blood or crips
- What is an overload of the operator in c
- What do polyglots think of Duolingo
- Why are there no state tuition fees
- What does the Koran say about Jesus
- What is the Asiento system
- What is Raelism
- At what age should cats mate?
- The colonization of Zimbabwe was possible
- Why is the symbol used in SQL
- What are REITs' returns these days
- What is an alternative to CardMunch
- What influenced Gerard Way's lyrics
- How is oil made from coconuts
- What is adiabatic demagnetization
- What are good and new websites for freelancers
- What is the best library in hyderabad
- Why can't we accept loneliness
- How do I clean a copper surface
- What is legal rape
- How much beer do the Chinese drink
- What causes bone spurs
- What are the different characteristics of Java