Which microphone is best for online teaching
Best webcam for online lessons and home office
Many of us need a good one today Best webcam for online lessons, home office or video conferences (Stream) via Skype, Zoom, Teams or other broadcasts. Some factors like HD streaming or 4K streaming play an important role in this. The best webcam for online teaching test only brings one test winner, all other webcams in this test are good compromises:
Only one is the best webcam for online teaching in the test.
Many webcams do not meet the minimum requirements.
Best webcam for online lessons, home office or video conferences
Due to the pandemic, many of us are also looking for the best webcam for online lessons, home office, for communication with video and sound over the Internet. In the meantime I have tested many webcams for the live transmission of video and sound. For my individual online photo courses I wanted to offer the best possible quality and I decided on a very high quality webcam / web camera. But not everyone needs a 4K webcam for video conferencing or other applications. What is really important and what should you pay attention to when buying?
What to look for when buying a webcam
For me personally, very good picture quality and sound quality are first and foremost important. Hardly a cheap webcam can do this, some do not focus on the face at all, although an autofocus is offered. Then the camera angle is important. If you don't want your partner to see the untidy apartment or office on the other side, viewing angles below 70 degrees are a must. Personally, I think it's important to have a flap or cover on the camera so that the secret service can't see me all the time. Alternatively, it is even better to unplug the webcam's USB connector. Requirements for the best webcam:
- Quality Video quality
- If possible 60 images per second (English fps)
- Quality Sound quality
- Camera-Point of view <70 degrees
- cover for camera
Unfortunately, there are hardly any web cameras left in my test that have all of these qualities. And no cheap webcam at all (I also tested cheap webcams, but none was an option). None of the cameras is perfect, we can only choose the best webcams. I also write something about the webcam alternatives at the bottom of the article:
The Vita webcam has a passable sound quality and video with 1080p (actually does not quite reach this resolution, but it is good video), as well as a ring light, so that your own face is well illuminated (but we can do that with good room lighting). The camera viewing angle of 80 degrees (wide angle) is unfortunately too large for our requirements for less wide angles:
- 【LIVE STREAM WEBCAM】 Built-in ring light, which can be set to 3 levels of brightness with touch control and face optimization technology, automatically optimizes the image and makes your video streaming look more professional. ★ You can easily switch on and adjust the front light by pressing the touch surface of the webcam in three intensity levels ★
- 【FULL HD 1080P USB WEBCAM】 960AF Web Cam with 80 ° wide angle lens captures high definition image and video in 1080p / 30fps. Perfect for streaming on social media and games like OBS, Skype, Twitch, Youtube, Facebook, Xbox One and GoReact. ★ Vitade offers 49 days money back and 1 year worry-free warranty and friendly customer service ★
- 【H.264 ENCODING COMPRESSION】 Enhanced H.264 encoding compresses a digital video file so that it takes up only half of the MPEG space to deliver video of the same quality. Enjoy stunning HD videos with impressive video performance and faster transfer speeds.
This Logitech webcam fits our requirement profile a little better. The Logitech C930e has a good sound quality, a good picture quality but unfortunately a camera viewing angle of 90 degrees (extreme wide angle).
- High-quality image quality: Use the C930e webcam to hold video conferences in full HD with 1080p resolution
- Individual adjustment: The 90-degree field of view, pan and tilt options as well as a 4x zoom allow various settings to be made depending on the environment
- Optimal lighting conditions: Thanks to RightLight 2 technology and a precision lens, the video transmission is razor-sharp even in low light
The web camera from offers even better quality Logitech C920which still has a native camera viewing angle of 78 degrees (wide angle). After all, this camera records with 60 frames per second (60 fps) and thus brings a better one picture quality, unfortunately only a passable sound quality.
However, no webcam in the test offers a really good microphone. After all, good sound quality can be recognized from the microphones on the front of the webcams. You can achieve even better sound quality with an inexpensive condenser microphone (see below) as a supplement to the webcam. After all, the C920 is one of the best webcams for streaming, home office and video conferencing:
- Video calls in premium quality: The Logitech C920 webcam guarantees excellent image resolution thanks to Full HD transmission in 1080p with 30 frames per second
- Excellent stereo sound: Two microphones integrated into the HD webcam ensure high sound quality
- Clear image display: the webcam's glass lens with premium autofocus guarantees excellent resolution
Test winner Best webcam for online lessons, home office and video conferencing Logitech Brio
If we take a little more money in hand, then we get with that Logitech Brio finally the best webcam for online lessons, home office or video conferencing that meets our requirements in almost all areas. The Logitech Brio is one of the best webcams for the home office and other occasions. It can have 4K resolution at 30 frames per second (30 fps), or 1080p at 60 frames per second (60 fps).
In addition, the Brio has a zoom with five camera angles of view of 90 degrees, 78 degrees and 65 degrees. With a camera viewing angle of 65 degrees, we can finally determine the viewing angle for our video conference that is not revealed by our entire office. There is no cover for the lens, but I recommend pulling the USB connector anyway after the camera is not needed. The sound quality echoes a bit, but is good for a webcam. If you want really good sound, for example for YouTube videos, you can still use an external condenser microphone. Another advantage: The Logitech Brio can be connected to USB-C, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. You will find a USB-C port on the back of the camera to which you can attach various cables. A USB cable is included as standard (camera to USB type A). You can find a USB-C to USB-C cable on Amazon.
The Logitech Capture software convinced on Windows 10, as well as the Mac (from OS 10.14, Mojave). This also makes the Logitech Brio the best webcam for Mac. The setting of the different shooting angles, adjustments to the resolutions, brightness, white balance, flicker filters and many more settings are possible (test screenshots). The software can also be used to record both photos and videos.
tip: You must not connect the Brio via a USB hub. In our test, the camera only works with a direct connection to the computer (Windows and Mac)!
- Ultra-HD 4K image sensor: 4K at 30 FPS and 1080p ensure crystal-clear video quality with the best resolution, frame rate, color and detail
- RightLight 3 with HDR: Enables streams and recordings in all lighting conditions, whether in low light or direct sunlight
- Ultra-secure login via infrared sensor: One look into the Brio lens is enough to log in - no more complicated passwords
Marantz condenser microphone for better sound
If you want to add a better sound to your webcam, then I recommend an inexpensive condenser microphone from Marantz with very good sound quality in this price range. The condenser microphone is connected to your computer or notebook via USB. You can also use such a microphone for video recordings or for recording your classical guitar:
Tip: If you buy a USB hub with switches, you can switch off your webcam after the video conference and you will not be able to monitor it. Alternatively, you can buy a USB cable extension from which you can pull the plug quickly.
Alternatives and Conclusion Best webcam for online lessons, the home office and video conferences
It's like in life: none of the webcams are completely perfect. The Logitech Brio comes closest to the requirements and is also adjustable in viewpoint, runs on Windows and Mac. Most manufacturers do not manage to offer inexpensive cameras with a reasonable viewing angle, HD quality with 60 frames per second (60 fps) and very good sound quality. Now we photographers could come up with the idea of using our cameras as a webcam and in fact many camera brands now offer software with which we can use our system camera as an online camera. We only have several problems:
- The camera gets very hot in the long run.
- The battery runs out quickly.
So an alternative, albeit a bad one, is to think about an action cam. I could think of an Insta360 ONE R Twin. Unfortunately, we also have two problems here with heat and wide angles that are too large. So leave too.
Remains that Logitech Brio as test winner left. And now each of us has to decide for ourselves whether it is worth the investment. The slightly cheaper alternative is called Logitech C920. The latter is a good compromise for streaming / home office / video conferencing if you can do without 4K and can handle the sound quality or if you also use an external condenser microphone.
© Peter Roskothen is a professional photographer, photo trainer, photo journalist - the best webcam for online teaching, home office and video conferencing
On our own behalf (promoting the best photography courses since manuals exist):
Individual photo course image processing - also online!
Would you like to dig deeper into image processing, work on a particularly good monitor, understand how to pull the sliders and create images with a WOW effect from your photographs yourself? Then you are at the right place with the individual photo editing course, which builds on your knowledge and is guaranteed to make your relatives and friends look big:
Individual photo editing course >>
Individual photography course - also online!
Would you like to expose even more beautiful photos and surprise your loved ones with them? Would you like to know how your camera works in detail? Or have you been with us for a long time, but need a real boost in terms of the art of seeing, image design and the art of photography? Then the individual photography course is the best for you, because you can ask all your questions here, we will go into detail about your camera and simply expand your knowledge quickly:
Individual photography course >>
- What is n_120
- Which animal can run the fastest marathon?
- Microsoft Word is free online
- How do you start an influencer campaign
- Time travel is wrong
- How much does an obstetrician earn
- How fast are the temperatures rising
- How to say publication in Farsi
- Has anyone ever played with your heart
- Is beauty mathematical
- What is inflation in Hindi
- Why don't my dogs heal
- Will crypto currency crash in 2019
- Will math improve my reasoning?
- Alcohol produces fat
- Can I use Alipay in Germany?
- Why Should Nurses Buy Exfoliating Tops 1
- How was Astatine discovered
- What car trends do you hate
- Who are Tidal's main competitors
- Preference for MBA through GRE or GMAT
- What is the difference between an accelerometer and a proximity sensor
- Why is Joe Biden running for president
- What is Heron's formula