Why aren't there more female horse jockeys?
Word origin and history
The only jockey school in Germany has existed in Cologne since March 2003, which too German Jockey School is called. This was preceded by the planning of the Central association of German horse racing and des Directory for Thoroughbred Breeding and Racing regarding the possibilities of promoting young jockeys in Germany. At school, the job becomes Pferdewirt focus on racing taught, a state-recognized training occupation. During a three-year training period in a racing stable, the trainees learn to ride thoroughbreds, first in training and later in races. The school is located in the area of the Cologne-Weidenpesch horse racing track.
Only 14 percent of US jockeys are female; they only ride 10 percent of the races. In the highest classes, the American Triple Crown races, they only make up two percent of the jockeys. Gender discrimination is believed to be the cause, as many more women than men can maintain the weight and in most other equestrian disciplines the overwhelming majority of athletes are female. One of the first very successful female jockeys was Wantha Davis, who won over 1000 races.
- ↑ Swiss Racing Equestrian Association (Memento from September 3, 2007 in Internet Archive)
- ↑ amateur riders
- ↑ Interview in Trainer and Jockeys.de:Dream job racing rider! How do you become a jockey? (Memento from October 12, 2007 in Internet Archive)
- ↑ Examination of Pferdewirt (Memento from December 26, 2012 in Internet Archive)
- ↑ Ursula Hermann, Knaur's etymological lexicon, 1982, p. 228
- ↑ Joseph Ritter von Hazzi, About the horse races ..., 1826, p. 16
- ↑Jockey’s Guild: History of Race Riding, 1999, p. 11
- ↑ Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper, 2013, on Jockey
- ↑ Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger from March 15, 2003, Between saddle and scales
- ↑ Why aren't women riding for roses at the Kentucky Derby ?, Paul von Hippel, Katherine Keyes, Caroline Rutherford, CNN, May 5, 2017
- ↑ Wantha Lorena Davis's Obituary, Austin American-Statesman
- What are the different network standards
- Advertising is an inherently cynical industry
- How do you start an influencer campaign
- How do your disabilities affect you
- How can I become a master in programming?
- Why did Boeing discontinue the 757
- How good is the DTU ranking and salary
- Is Hrithik Roshan an underrated superstar
- How does the space shuttle take off
- Who is Elias Baradhi
- Really died of malaria
- How does Marketo work
- What is a test summary report
- How can I be a NatGeo traveler
- When will man end global warming?
- What significance does Planck's time have
- How can I crack the coding challenge
- Move furniture
- Why should a child commit a crime
- How can you open an AI file
- Why do people talk loudly when they argue?
- How is the Panimalar College for EIE
- Where do we get the HCL personnel guidelines from
- What is the use of water hyacinth