What is the future of RAM
RAM: DDR5 vs. DDR4 with up to 60 percent more performance
A first benchmark suggests that DDR5 RAM offers clear advantages over DDR4 main memory.
Most modern computers have DDR4 RAM. However, the change to DDR5 is due in the near future. The first results from the AIDA64 benchmark from China now show to what extent users can benefit from the increased memory bandwidth of DDR5 RAM. In conjunction with an Alder Lake processor from Intel, the modules ran at up to 6.4 Gb / s. The memory modules of the type DDR5-4800 are available with both 8 and 16 GB capacity. The timings are indicated with CL40 (40-40-40-77). A development kit mainboard was used as a test system because the components are not yet in their final version.
With the entire system, 194,000 could be reached in AIDA64. A similarly structured kit with DDR4 memory scores 92,000 points, which is less than half. Specifically, the increased performance from DDR4 to DDR5 is stated to be 28 percent for reading and 27 percent for writing. If, on the other hand, data is copied in RAM, there is only 10 percent more performance. In return, however, the latency increases: While the DDR4 system with the CL22 gets by with 56.8 ns, the system with DDR5 with the CL40 already needs 112.1 ns. However, the timings are likely to differ from those that are ready for the market, so that this lag should be less over time. For the first time in practice, DDR5 should be found together with Intel's Alder Lake CPUs, which should appear at the end of 2021. With AMD, a change to DDR5 is only to be expected with Zen 4. How much of the extra performance actually reaches the user in the end remains to be seen. When a new RAM standard is introduced to the market, the timings are usually still high and the rate is low. In the near future, however, there should be no getting around DDR5 RAM in computers.
RAM: DDR5 is twice as fast as DDR4
- What doesn't go with blue jeans
- What is it like to be a Muslim convert
- What kind of institute is the NBRC
- What is three quarters of six
- How can I hire good people
- How do you say good in Hindi
- Are Facebook Ads Real
- D-orbitals can form fetters
- How is gypsum used in construction
- What do Indians like to eat?
- What makes email marketing so successful these days
- Do oil additives really make a difference
- Lord Rama is a good karma yogi
- What is a servo system
- Who is the strongest ninja in Naruto
- Is inline skating better than running
- What does Ubuntu use Python for?
- What is my Hathway ID number
- What is the female equivalent of the gentlemen
- Has McDonalds McNuggets
- Ravi Sashtri was the worst coach ever
- Are the Telugu smarter than other Indians
- Why do some fish jump
- The web scraping tool is Scrapy free