Which government exams are their post-graduate exams

Updated: FAQ - Corona crisis and training

You can find more information in our Corona dossier.


Q: Is face-to-face teaching currently permitted in continuing education?

Yes, from April 19, 2021, face-to-face teaching is again permitted with restrictions. In its media release of April 14, the Federal Council stated:

“Face-to-face teaching is also possible to a limited extent outside of compulsory school and upper secondary level, in particular at universities and in adult education. There is a restriction to a maximum of 50 people and a capacity limitation to a third of the room, as well as mask and distance requirements. "

The Covid Ordinance special situation has been adapted accordingly:

«Art. 6d Special provisions for educational institutions

1 The following applies to events in educational institutions:

a. Face-to-face events with more than 50 people are prohibited.

b. The rooms in which the events take place may not be filled to more than a third of their capacity.

2 The restrictions according to paragraph 1 do not apply to:

a. compulsory schools and upper secondary schools, including the associated exams;

b. the following activities, provided that an on-site presence is required for their implementation:

1. Teaching activities that are a necessary part of an educational program,

2. Examinations in connection with courses of study, in the area of ​​higher vocational training or for obtaining an official ID.

3 For face-to-face events outside of compulsory school, it is mandatory to wear a face mask. This obligation does not apply:

a. for persons under Article 3b paragraph 2 letter b;

b. in situations in which wearing a mask makes teaching much more difficult. "

COVID regulation special situation from June 19, 2020 (as of April 14, 2021)

COVID regulation special situation, amendment of April 14, 2021

Explanations on the regulation (as of April 12, 2021)

Overview FOPH: Coronavirus - measures and ordinances


Q: How is the rule for the capacity restriction to one third of the premises according to Art. 6d, Paragraph 1, Clause b to be applied in further training?

A: If the participants sit in seminar and course rooms and the distance rule of 1.5 meters is adhered to, according to information from the federal government, the capacity restriction to one third of the room is considered to have been met.

For courses in which the participants move freely in the room, there must be 10m2 per participant. For rooms under 30 m2, a minimum area of ​​6 m2 applies per person.


Q: How can the participants of further education courses in seminar hotels be fed?

A: According to the BAG, the same rules generally apply to the seminar hotels as to the other hotels and restaurants:

  • If the participants spend the night in the seminar hotel, they may be fed in the restaurant of the seminar hotel.
  • If the participants do not stay overnight in the seminar hotel, the seminar hotel may only cater for them on the restaurant terrace. Tables with groups of four are allowed. The other requirements for catering establishments must be observed.
  • The provision of drinks and glasses in the seminar rooms before the start of the course is permitted.

According to the BAG, the organizer of the event (training provider, trainer) also has the following options for catering to his participants during a course in the seminar hotel:

  • The participants eat out individually at take-away establishments
  • The organizer of the course (training provider) orders the food from a meal delivery service. The meal can be taken in the seminar room. A corresponding regulation must be defined in the protection concept of the training provider.


Q: How many people can training courses be held outdoors with?

A: According to the BAG, there is an upper limit of 50 people for face-to-face events that take place outside. The protective measures must also be observed outside, in particular the mask requirement and the distance rule.

Teaching activities that require attendance and are a “necessary component of a course” may also be carried out with more than 50 people.


 Q: Can exams be conducted in person?

A: Yes, according to the FOPH and SERI, examinations may be carried out with a maximum of 50 people in attendance. The general rules for events (Ordinance Art. 6) and not the special provisions for educational events (Ordinance Art. 6d) apply to examinations. It should be noted that some cantons have reduced the number of people allowed at events. In these cases, the requirements of the canton apply.


Q: Where can I find a template for a protection concept?

A: The Federal Ordinance on Measures in the Special Situation to Combat the Covid-19 Epidemic of June 19 is the binding requirement for the development of the protection concepts. As the umbrella organization for continuing education, the SVEB presents a rough concept for protection concepts in continuing education on this basis.

Rough concept (Version 03.11.2020)

Template for individual protection concepts (Version 03.11.2020)


Q: Does the protection concept have to be approved?

On a. Approval of the concepts by cantonal or federal agencies is not intended.


Q: Can training providers apply for hardship assistance?

A: Yes. According to the federal ordinance, there is a case of hardship if the annual turnover of the training provider in 2020 is below 60 percent of the average for 2018 and 2019 as a result of officially ordered measures to combat Covid-19. The provider must have achieved an average turnover of at least 50,000 francs in 2018 and 2019. The support also requires, among other conditions, that the provider was profitable or viable before the outbreak of Covid-19. 

Businesses that have been officially closed for a total of at least 40 calendar days since November 1, 2020 are also deemed to be cases of hardship without evidence of a decline in sales. In addition, declines in sales that occurred in 2021 can also be claimed. The upper limit for A-fonds-perdu contributions will be increased to 20 percent of sales and will amount to a maximum of CHF 750,000 per company.

The specific design of the hardship assistance is the responsibility of the cantons. They check the applications on a case-by-case basis. Questions regarding the processing of an application should be directed to the canton in which the company was based on October 1, 2020.

Federal FAQ on hardship assistance with detailed information

Contact points at the cantons for applications


Q: Do I have to fully reimburse course costs due to cancellations due to the corona virus?

A: In a training contract, there is a bilateral contractual relationship. It is based on performance and consideration. If the customer has already paid the course costs, but cannot use the course provider's services, or not in full - for reasons for which he is not responsible - he is entitled to a reimbursement or a pro rata reimbursement of the amount paid. The provider can make more precise and differentiations in his terms and conditions or in the contract.
In this exceptional situation, the Foundation for Consumer Protection advises against passing the cost risk on to the course participants tel quel. As the consumer protection writes, such unilateral terms and conditions not only represent a breach of trust towards customers. As too unilateral, they could also violate the law of fair trading.
The corona crisis is a challenging situation for providers across all industries. Alternative solutions should therefore be sought and offered. Such alternative solutions should also be considered by the customer. The customer still has the right to reclaim the course costs if he cannot accept an alternative solution offered; e.g. because he is staying abroad for a longer period in the newly proposed course period or a planned medical intervention is taking place.


Q: Is there any insurance against lost sales?

A: It is definitely worth checking that you have insurance coverage for outages related to a pandemic. In any case, cover is provided by epidemic insurance, although this is very expensive and should therefore only be available at a few companies. Business failure insurance can also provide cover for damage resulting from a pandemic, but this risk is more often excluded with business failure insurance. If there is no insurance coverage yet, it will be difficult to insure the risk in connection with the coronavirus now.
More on this


Q: What can a training institution do in the short term to reduce the economic impact?

A: You can make a claim to short-term work compensation for permanent employees (in monthly and hourly wages). On-call employees are entitled to short-time work compensation if the workload fluctuates on average by less than 20%. Applications must be submitted to the cantonal offices for economics and labor. The waiting period has been lifted. The short-time work allowance can now also be paid for employees in fixed-term employment contracts and for people in the service of an organization for temporary work.
SECO FAQ on short-time work
All information from SECO