What are your goals for 2015
What are the 17 goals?
It's your decision
Climate change, poverty and hunger, displacement and migration are issues that concern us all. We decide whether to buy products such as jeans, chocolate or cell phones that people have made under dignified and fair conditions. We decide how much energy we use. We decide how to deal with the resources and treasures of nature. Our lifestyle and the way we do business have direct consequences - for us, for others and for future generations. It's time to rethink. We are all asked. Politics and economics like each and every one of us.
What can our contribution to climate protection, fair standards in the world of work and against hunger and poverty be? The 2030 Agenda with its 17 goals for sustainable development serves as a guide. This was adopted on September 25, 2015 by 193 heads of state and government at the United Nations summit in New York. The 2030 Agenda is a "world future treaty". With this treaty, the states undertake to secure a life in dignity for all people by the year 2030. In order to achieve this goal, we too have to change our way of life in Germany.
The 2030 Agenda names five core messages that precede the 17 goals as principles of action: 1. Focus on human dignity, 2. Protect the planet, 3. Promote prosperity for all, 4. Promote peace and 5. Build global partnerships.
Essentially, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are intended to:
- End poverty and hunger and fight inequalities
- Strengthen people's self-determination, ensure gender equality and a good and healthy life for everyone
- Promote prosperity for everyone and shape sustainable lifestyles worldwide
- Respect the earth's ecological limits: fight climate change, preserve natural resources and use them sustainably
- Protect human rights - ensure peace, good governance and access to justice
- Build a global partnership
The goals take into account all three dimensions of sustainability - social, environmental, economic - and apply to all countries in the world: industrialized, emerging and developing countries. They make it clear that we have a shared responsibility for the world.
Check out our video on the 17 goals
In order to implement the 2030 Agenda in Germany as well, the Federal Government adopted the German Sustainability Strategy in 2016 and updated it in 2018. In it, it defines what contributions it is and will be making towards the sustainable development goals. The strategy encompasses the entire spectrum of sustainability issues, from higher educational qualifications, reducing income inequalities between men and women, through securing social housing, to trade opportunities for so-called developing countries.
The Federal Statistical Office prepares an indicator report every two years. This shows how far the German sustainability strategy has already been implemented and where further action is required.
The success of the 2030 Agenda depends on everyone participating - not just states and organizations, but each and every individual. Everyone can make a contribution. The more people participate, the more likely it is to establish an international partnership for sustainable development. Because only together will we create a better, fairer and more sustainable world.
- A psychopath can feel sorry for himself
- How does Expensify make money
- What is the Latin word for prudent?
- Where can I learn civil software
- I have Tourette syndrome
- Which is better integrated or dedicated graphics
- Are all physicists rude
- What are the uses of a logo
- What is Elixir Programming Language 1
- Who is the learned person in the world
- Which cameras are compatible with OpenCV
- Would you let Trump go out with your daughter
- Was Johnny Cash in jail
- What character deserves to be born again?
- What are the best novel plot tools
- What a psychoanalyst would say causes psychopathology
- Why did you leave Liverpool
- How are millennials changing the perfume business?
- Growing up means becoming cynical
- How can I expand this YouTube channel
- How to say pesticide in Indonesian
- What does early disposition hearing mean
- Why are minerals unevenly distributed on earth?
- The revolution in Russia was inevitable until 1917