Do you like casseroles
Potato noodle casserole with peas and ham
It may seem strange to combine pasta and potatoes, but for me it is one of the tastiest combinations in simple cooking. In addition, one that has been around for a long time. I know it from Croatian and Italian cuisine, where there is a combination of potatoes and pasta in a wide variety of dishes.
• Directly to the recipe • Print out the recipe •
The two can also be found in the Austrian / Hungarian cuisine in the so-called “Grenadier March”. In the dish, potatoes and noodles (Fleckerln 😉) are refined with, for example, bacon, pieces of sausage and onions. As you can see, it is not a culinary faux pas to combine potatoes with noodles but has long been anchored in simple home cooking.
HOW I GOT ABOUT THE SIMPLE POTATO PASTA Casserole
The “Grenadier March” was also the inspiration for my potato noodle casserole with peas and ham. Coupled with the claim to create an uncomplicated casserole that I don't have so many pots in afterwards. Because that's very important to me in the after-work kitchen. Washing dishes should ideally not take longer than cooking 😉.
IT SHOULD BE UNCOMPLICATED AND WITH FEW POTS
I wanted a one-pot casserole, at most a two-pot casserole, if you don't include the casserole dish. No matter who needs these newfangled terms. The fact is, you cook all of the ingredients you want to cook, i.e. the potatoes, pasta and peas, together in a large saucepan, in which they naturally come one after the other because of the cooking times. Pour the whole thing off, mix it with a cream-egg mixture and boiled ham and off you go in the oven. If you want it vegetarian, you can of course leave out the ham.
ALL A QUESTION OF CONSISTENCY
My casserole with peas and ham will be relatively firm, so if you prefer it creamier and more “liquid”, you can add whole milk or even more cream to the cream and egg mixture. For an even more "cheesy" taste, my recommendation would be to cut 125 g of mozzarella and mix it with everything.
More delicious casserole recipes are my easier oneCauliflower Macaroni Casserole with Parmesan Crust, my Spaghetti casserole with quick mince sauce or mine Pasta bake tomato mozzarella.
Incidentally, potatoes also go well with rice e.g. in mine Potato and rice gratin in Balkan style.
Potato and noodle casserole with peas and ham
YOU NEED A LARGE RUNNING FORM WITH APPROX. 30x20 CM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
- How long do rumors usually last
- Which lamination service does Office Depot offer?
- What celebrities went to school together
- Why watch The Walking Dead
- Is it unethical to give money to beggars?
- What is aspartame made of
- Does my bad handwriting affect my grades?
- What is Cornish ice cream
- The battery of the iPhone 11 runs out quickly
- Should Google fear Baidu
- What is North Korea's GDP
- Girls feel safe in India
- What are VPN protocols
- Can logic be generally applicable
- How can I express myself more clearly?
- What is the basis for carbon dating
- What is meant by the word innocent?
- Does vitamin E nail polish work
- What is a forex card in banks
- Zanzibar is a good place to travel
- What are the best college of gujarat
- What is fetal surveillance
- Will the norethisterone tablet cure IP PCOD
- Attendance at DAV College Chandigarh is compulsory