Is LinkedIn really helpful to a marketer?
5 Smart LinkedIn Marketing Tips That Work
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network with over 660 million users from 200 different countries. This opens up many opportunities in the business area that should not be left unused. LinkedIn offers particular opportunities for marketers in the B2B sector, as over 63 million decision-makers from various companies and industries come together on the platform.
Thus, LinkedIn is an excellent opportunity to get in touch with potential customers and generate qualified leads. The network is of course not only intended for B2B marketers. Everyone can benefit from LinkedIn by building a solid presence on the platform and gaining enough followers.
How this works and what special tricks there are on the subject of "LinkedIn Marketing" - this guide explains all of this.
1. Create and optimize the LinkedIn company page
The company page is the first place a user lands when looking for a company or self-employed person. It shapes the first impression a user gets of the company. What does this mean for an effective LinkedIn marketing strategy?
It is very important to create an impressive company page with all the relevant information. It should contain all the details about the company, including the correct spelling of the name, email address, company address, and other contact details. It is also important to mention the company's products and services, as well as the company's website URL. A positive example is the online university AKAD, which offers various distance learning courses:
So much for the "bare" data. That's not all. The space available for the company description can be used to tell the brand story and everything that makes the company unique. The company logo should ideally be used as a profile picture. A banner image is also available, which should be changed from time to time, for example for the latest product launch. Caution: It is important to follow the guidelines for image size to avoid distorted or cropped images.
The optimization of the LinkedIn profile
Just like with search engine optimization, the company page on LinkedIn can be optimized by adding relevant keywords. That way, when someone searches for matching keywords, the page will show up in search results. However, a detailed keyword research is necessary beforehand in order to determine the desired and meaningful keywords for the ranking.
2. Post useful and engaging content
LinkedIn is a business network in which people from different industries come together to find out about what's going on in their industry and to take part in relevant discussions. Contrary to popular belief, it's much more than just a job portal. Many people spend time reading valuable content on LinkedIn posted by other experts in their field.
What does this mean for successful LinkedIn marketing?
It implies the opportunity to establish yourself as a thought leader in the industry and build your own following. This is achieved by regularly publishing articles on trending topics in the industry and the author expressing his own point of view. Here are some useful tips on what type of content works best on LinkedIn:
- Blog posts on current trends and topics that provide the target audience with actionable insights.
- Research results, statistics, and other information about what's going on in the industry.
- Latest news from the industry - this is usually a very large number of readers interested.
- From experience, listicles work very well on LinkedIn. This means the combination of list and article - this article is also designed according to this method.
- Current events and news from your own company. Whether it's a new product launch or an in-house event that is just around the corner, all of this should be shared on the business network.
Tip: It is important to add a link to the company website for all content published on LinkedIn. This makes for a very effective way to increase traffic over the network.
3. Join relevant groups and get involved
LinkedIn groups are great for finding a niche audience interested in a specific topic. These groups provide a place for people with similar interests to discuss different topics, ask questions and clarify them.
However, it is not enough to simply join any group and be a passive member there. First of all, you should look for groups within your own industry or niche to which high-quality contributions with corresponding added value can be made. By actively participating in discussions, regularly answering questions and posting good content, the member can establish himself as an industry expert and will significantly increase his following on LinkedIn within a short time.
The supreme discipline: found and establish your own group
If there is not yet a larger community for your own industry and the company is to be presented as a leader, your own LinkedIn group can be very helpful. And that's how it works:
On the “My groups” tab, all you need to do is click the “Create group” button. On the following page, LinkedIn asks you to enter a title, logo, and description for the new community. Similar to your own company website, you should ensure that the description is concise and interesting enough to arouse interest. In addition, some rules must be drawn up for the group.
The next step is for the group founder to decide whether the new group should be set up as the default group that will be displayed in the search results. If you want something more exclusive, you can cross your group off the list and set it up as a pure invitation community. Both variants have individual advantages and disadvantages.
4. Sponsor successful posts and thus achieve more coverage
Despite the best preparation, it will happen on LinkedIn that individual posts develop into real "hits", while others fall short of expectations. This is completely normal and not a cause for concern.
A particular marketing gimmick is to get the maximum benefit from the content that works well. This is where the LinkedIn Sponsored Content feature comes into play.
What is sponsored content?
Sponsored content is basically the same as native advertising on the platform. It is a good idea to sponsor the best content in particular so that it is displayed in the feeds of the target group, even for users outside the network. This increases the reach of the content and brings it more views from the appropriate target audience. This in turn results in an excellent opportunity to market your own person or company and to be noticed by decision-makers in various companies - who represent potential customers.
5. Invest in LinkedIn Ads
There are basically two options for LinkedIn ads: custom ads and managed campaigns. As the name suggests, the first option is intended for those who want to create and run advertising campaigns on their own. Similarly, the second option is aimed at those who want assistance with this. Both options offer different choices about the types of ads that can be shown.
Whichever route is chosen, a lot can be achieved with LinkedIn ads. LinkedIn's campaign manager tool offers a wide range of targeting options to get the ads to the right people at the right time. It also has the "Matched Audiences" function, which offers the option of addressing people who have interacted with the company in the past (remarketing). Used correctly, this results in a powerful tool for generating leads and / or sales. Not every contact converts right away. This is why remarketing is an excellent strategy for getting people who are already in a sales funnel to convert.
Overall, LinkedIn ads can help reach new audiences as well as people who haven't converted before. However, the available LinkedIn advertising options should be carefully examined and tested to find out which type of advertising is best for your own company. The three main types of ads are:
- Sponsored content: The sponsored content has already been mentioned - with it there is the possibility of pushing particularly well-frequented articles from your own portfolio and thus achieving a greater reach.
- Sponsored InMail: These ads appear in a user's InMail, just like a member's message or notification from the operator. Main benefit: They don't look like ads at first glance.
- Text Ads: These are ads that appear on a user's news feed page that look more like suggestions of what to read next.
Recommendations from practice
Since it is becoming increasingly difficult for many companies to use all social media platforms at the same time, it is advisable to reuse the content that has already been created and to publish it on all relevant platforms in a slightly adapted manner.
For example, the company EDV Repair could also publish its helpful YouTube videos on LinkedIn.
It's already been proven that omnichannel marketing leads to lower click prices, more conversions and a higher ROI.
If the company is more text-centric, such as finanzvergleich.com with its large knowledge database, these valuable advice articles can also be wonderfully published on LinkedIn as independent articles and the reach increased:
Since the topic of video is unstoppable and, especially in combination with “Live”, leads to exceptionally high engagement & conversion, webinars (live or pre-produced) are also very suitable for taking your own LinkedIn marketing to the next level. Professional webinar software is now available for every purpose and for every budget.
LinkedIn is also well on the way to becoming the most important network in the business sector in the German-speaking area. Therefore, the platform should not be missing in your own marketing portfolio and should be used as actively as possible. The tips addressed here will help turn this usage into tangible benefits such as new leads and customers.
In order to stay on the right track, the analysis tool integrated in LinkedIn should be used regularly. For example, the “Company Page Analysis” function can be used to evaluate the company's performance. Numerous other functions are available for all LinkedIn activities. The insights from the analysis can then be used to drive future marketing efforts and create more engaging content.
Please allow cookies by clicking on Accept.
- Is creativity activated or learned
- How do I learn some debating skills
- How does our voice work
- Salem MA is an expensive city
- How safe is the Airbus A321
- How much is live television delayed?
- Should Wales be granted personality
- What is the relationship between Einstein's coefficients
- What are the dimensions of Central Park
- Will the Smiths ever tour again
- What are the disadvantages of social mobility
- Is bad debt an asset
- What are some of the best wireless drivers for HP
- Who is Brent Kutzle's family
- Who sings the song In My Bed
- What video games does Kristopher Saber like
- Will net neutrality kill the internet?
- What is an MCB
- What is jurisdiction in philosophy
- 9gag is the best social networking site
- Vegetarians use less toilet paper
- What is the instrument of accession
- How do you say cutie in French
- How thieves clone credit cards
- How are rubber soles made
- When will Beyerdynamic be releasing wireless headphones?
- Why is Halloween better than Christmas
- How does Finland give less homework
- What affects unconsciousness
- Is Mega Ampharos competitive
- Which animal can run the fastest marathon?
- Will Marvel ever stop making films?
- Is a 70 or 75 tire wider