What do you think of plastic surgery
When it comes to the term “plastic surgery”, many people only think of so-called “cosmetic surgeries” such as facelifts, tummy tuck, breast enlargement or liposuction.
In fact, from its origins, plastic surgery is primarily concerned with the restoration (reconstruction) of body structures after serious accidents, burns, mutilations or congenital deformities. Even in antiquity, for example, there are reports of the reconstruction of noses that were lost due to armed conflicts or the very draconian punishments at the time.
Plastic surgery had a great boom in the last two world wars with its innumerable injured and mutilated people. Unfortunately, the victims of war and mines are still among the patients who present plastic surgeons with their greatest challenges. But the plastic surgeon is also often in demand after accidents, burns or mutilating cancer operations. Based on this experience, hand surgery has also established itself as one of the sub-areas of plastic surgery.
The experience gained in reconstructive surgery is of course also used today in plastic-aesthetic operations, which represent another branch of plastic surgery. Precondition is always the exact knowledge of the form and function of the structures concerned.
Unfortunately, the unprotected term “cosmetic surgery” is often used as a pity. Commercial institutions that call themselves, for example, "Institute for cosmetic / plastic / aesthetic surgery" neither need a license nor are they controlled by state authorities. Resident doctors, on the other hand, who offer plastic operations, are subject to professional supervision by the Medical Association and are liable for the interventions they perform. Due to your training, you will be able to realistically assess possibilities and limits and recognize possible risks.
A warning must also be given of the increasing number of "cheap offers" from abroad. Plastic surgeries are often offered for much less money here than in Germany, but in the event of unsuccessful procedures, the patient usually has no way of holding the surgeon concerned liable or demanding corrective intervention. Proper aftercare is usually not guaranteed either, so that the savings here may be at the expense of health.
Some of the procedures offered by plastic surgeons can also be performed on an outpatient basis without any problems. This includes, for example, many operations in the field of hand surgery but also some plastic-aesthetic interventions such as liposuction or eyelid surgery.
- Can Britain declare war on India?
- To be 33 years old
- Mosiacs who invented mosaics
- What is cache thrashing
- How do I feel happy again 1
- Why do traumatic experiences lead to nightmares
- Why are social media platforms politically biased
- Boys wear underwear under board shorts
- Why should you give Diwali as a gift?
- Why are amphitheater seats usually red
- What is Ronnie Dunn's greatest song
- Why do surfactants foam?
- There is also no online social media
- What is a cascade amplifier
- Was the emergency necessary in 1975
- What are the best social work magazines
- Insects get prion diseases
- Was Hitler a fan of Charlie Chaplin
- Is feather or coconut mattress the best
- What does SAP stand for
- What is the eligibility for the SPG
- How do polarized photons affect the brain
- How does hitting something make sound?
- How does Christianity explain dinosaurs
- How big is the alphabet company
- Are there rednecks in Canada
- How is CNG made
- Advertising makes the company valuable
- Minecraft Earth will be free to download
- Mint com has an open API
- Is there an interest in defensive gardening
- Who said never give up
- Which atonal pieces should I hear first