Which are the most mispronounced fashion brands
Nike, Zara & Co. | Fashion brands that we
mispronounce all of them
YES, it's really true: Zara is not called Zara at all!
Well, at least that's not how it is pronounced. A video has appeared on social media in which a Zara employee demonstrates the correct pronunciation.
►It is not called Zara, but Thara - pronounced softly, like the English "the".
A team of journalists from Refinery 29 visited the fashion company in A Coruña in northwestern Spain and recorded the video there.
But Zara is far from the only fashion brand whose name we mispronounce. The list is long, that's why it shows BYou you the brand names that we mispronounce the most!
Just because it is spelled with a “g” doesn't mean that you also say Givenchy. Would be too easy.
►The following is correct: Dschi-Wohn-chy
Everyone knows the popular sports brand, but hardly anyone pronounces the name correctly. In English, the "e" is pronounced like the German "i".
► It therefore means: Nai-kie
At that point we could all learn from Kim Kardashian. She is an avowed Balmain fan and can't throw the name around often enough. Her good friend Olivier Rousteing happens to be the designer of the French fashion house ... But enough of that. If you want to pronounce the name correctly, simply leave out the "i". Why? No idea. French is a difficult language.
► It is correct to say: Bahl-mahn
Usually, Italians are pretty straightforward in their pronunciation: words are spoken as they are written. One of the few exceptions: “ch” and “sch” are not sibilants in Italian.
►The correct pronunciation is: Mos-kino
Acne is a Swedish fashion brand and is relatively young. By the way, Acne has nothing to do with skin impurities, but stands for "Ambition to Create Novel Expressions" (German: "Ambition to create new forms of expression").
► Correct pronunciation: Ahk-nej
Levi's is the abbreviation for "Levi Strauss & Co.". The company is based in San Francisco. However, the founder Levi Strauss was a German immigrant.
►Thus, both pronunciations are correct: the German "Levis" and the English"Liweiss"
- I will live to be a thousand
- Could Turkey ever become like North Korea?
- What causes soil deposition
- How does a gaming mouse work
- What does PS2
- How do Rohingyas settle in Kashmir
- Is a Zippo lighter waterproof
- What happens at an atheist wedding
- Does the Slimfast diet work
- You Can Make Money Selling Amway
- What is machine learning resampling
- Why did your family outlaw you
- What meditation really is
- What kind of Japanese collagen is good
- What food did katappa eat in Bahubali
- How spider plants hunt insects
- What should we do as engineering students
- Is the GMAT sentence correction useful for CAT
- What does DRG
- What are some good father and son projects
- How famous is Roger Federer in Switzerland
- Advertising makes the company valuable
- Are there binding and antibonding orbitals at the same time
- What are Shakti Peethas