Why is Hamilton such a horrible piece
Lewis Hamilton: "The trophies are just terrible"
Plastic and wood instead of gold and silver - Lewis Hamilton can no longer win anything from the trophies. The world champion has already instructed Bernie Ecclestone.
What if you don't like what you see in your showcase? Lewis Hamilton visits his home again before his home race at Silverstone and has time to dust off. Housework that the two-time world champion would do with more joy if he liked the souvenirs from the last two and a half seasons better. “These days the trophies are just terrible. It's shocking how bad they are. Plastic instead of gold and silver, ”says the 30-year-old.
A concern that he has already communicated to Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone and the designer of the trophies. Hamilton provides suggestions for improvement in material terms, but also shows that, in his eyes, the gifts do not make a lot of visual impact. “The last one in Austria was made of wood, the foot was like lead. What shoud that? It should be made of silver. And did you see it in Monaco? ”Complained the Mercedes driver on Tuesday evening, while the“ Telegraph ”was busy taking notes.
McLaren didn't want to give away trophies
With Hamilton, the responsible designer would have at least one expert at his side. The two-time world champion has driven 37 pieces since his F1 debut in 2007, but was only allowed to take 16 home as souvenirs. It was only when he switched from McLaren to Mercedes that the Briton had a clause written into the contract entitling him to keep the trophies. Between 2007 and 2012 he had to cede it to his racing team because the former team boss Ron Dennis insisted on it.
The chances are good that Hamilton will get the next one at the weekend. But also that the vain Briton has to digest the next disappointment in this regard. "Man, where is the golden cup?" He asked last year. “They gave me this plastic thing and I said, 'This is not the F1-tropa. Rather one from GP2. ›» Explanation: The trophies are often exchanged when the award ceremony is over, as is the case in Great Britain.
He can already guess what Hamilton expects at the weekend. The organizers have published a teaser of the trophy on Twitter, which can be won in 2015. They shouldn't spoil the World Cup leader's desire to win, but to Hamilton's horror, this one will also be made of plastic and not gold.
- How can I avoid lattice degeneration
- What does availability mean
- Suicide is the perfect option
- How do dogs bark
- How can I impress a girl 13
- What causes agonal breathing in cats
- How does the sending of text messages work
- What is the millennial attitude towards business
- When should I apply for early retirement?
- Well worth liposuction
- Who are XDA developers
- What makes WhatsApp secure
- Can you condense a fart
- What are your priorities in raising children
- When was German mediatization unknown?
- How was the heliocentric model originally proven
- Is milk better for us
- What is a marketing data platform
- How culturally European is Israel
- I get violent urges sometimes
- What are the best premieres in life
- What word could house guest mean?
- What are the advantages of HPLC
- Jesus was locked up before the crucifixion
- What is the purpose of an apron
- Will the Smiths ever tour again
- What a Colt revolver is that
- What makes a person addicted
- How can I improve my reading level
- Where can I buy inexpensive, stylish loungers
- What are the nutrients in guava
- Is it wrong not to want children?
- God still works miracles
- Which is better prefabricated or modular houses