What is the Truman Doctrine
Truman DoctrineThe path in the Cold war
The Second World War was less than two years over when the similarities between the Allied war opponents of Germany were exhausted. Allies of the World War had become opponents in the Cold War. In 1947 the Soviet Union tried to gain a foothold in Turkey, Greece and Iran and to shift the Soviet sphere of influence to the west.
Reason for action for the USA: On March 12, 1947, the American President Harry S. Truman proclaimed the doctrine named after him. In it he pledges support to all those countries in which Soviet infiltration was feared.
"The free peoples of the world count on our support in their struggle for freedom. If we hesitate in our leadership role, we endanger the peace of the world."
Part of this policy was the "European Recovery Program" - the so-called Marshall Plan, with which 16 Western European countries were financially supported in the reconstruction after the Second World War. But the military operations of the US Army in the Korean War and later in Indochina were justified with the Truman Doctrine. Always with the aim of damaging the Soviet Union in favor of the US-led "free world". With the Truman Doctrine, the USA effectively took on the role of a world-wide order power.
You will also hear in One Hour History:
- The historian and USA expert Manfred Berg on the meaning and purpose of the Truman Doctrine
- Martin Kirchner on the Marschall Plan as a concrete implementation of the Truman Doctrine
- The Leipzig historian and cultural scientist Christer Garrett on the German-American relationship under the new US administration of Donald Trump
- DRadio knowledge history expert Matthias von Hellfeld on the changed relationship between the former war allies USA and USSR
- Where do people run in Seattle
- Has you ever been blown away by an astrologer?
- What is the purpose of an apron
- What was the holy of holies
- Canada has a bar exam
- How can I get fair skin right away
- Should you scream after being robbed
- When a picture speaks louder than words
- What is indefinite performance
- Why does Ellen DeGeneres have no children
- Does the Raspberry Pi have a microphone
- What is an end goal of a venture capitalist
- How fast is 100cc in MPH
- Reagan's party is dead
- Is the Zirbeldruese helpful
- What exactly is Bigg Boss TV Show
- Is shared hosting good for website beginners
- What is the chemical formula of mud
- What does an intelligent baby look like
- What are anxiety pills
- How does hand hygiene soap work
- What does the expression vision rest
- What is the best makeup foundation
- The next generation will inherit myopia