What is a DC motor brake test
I have recently owned an Arduino and my first project (automatic chest opener) is on its way. I have already found help here or elsewhere on the Internet for all kinds of problems that may arise, but when it comes to "braking the engine" I did not get satisfactory answers.
The 12V motor is controlled via an H bridge (L293d). I have read that if I put a HIGH on both "direction" pins and also energize the "Enable" pin, the motor is braked (because the pins are short-circuited ?!). With a small brake test sketch I tested all possibilities, the fastest the motor decelerates when the two "direction" pins are on the same value (HIGH or LOW does not matter) and the "Enable" pin is on HIGH.
However, the braking power achieved is not comparable to when I short-circuit the motor by hand! Is this because the resistance across the lines to the H bridge can be too great? (Cable length about 50cm, "normal" JumperWires).
The next attempt was to connect a MosFET directly to the motor terminals when reaching the end positions (top or bottom). Then I noticed, however, that transistors can usually only be switched in one direction (the test worked in one direction), so I would need two, but I think that should be better?
I only see the solution (there are a total of 4 magnetic switches distributed over the travel path (numbered from 1 to 4), which roughly determine the position of the motor) when you reach switch 2 or 3 (depending on the direction in which you are driving ) to give a short counter-current impulse and then to drive to the end position at a reduced speed. (When reaching switch 2 or 3, slowing the motor using PWM works, but is not "fast" enough to be able to stop at the limit switch in a defined manner)
Before I do that, however, here are the questions again: -I am doing something wrong, can I short-circuit the motor with the H bridge? -If not with the H bridge, what is the best way to short-circuit a motor to brake like that? -Are there any other easy ways I just couldn't find / overlooked to brake the engine?
- What are the values of Protestantism
- What could disturb Quora?
- I stopped believing in God
- Why is there no cure for dementia
- What causes the hallucinations for methamphetamine users
- How do I calculate the flux density
- In which languages do German universities teach
- Why do people want more money incomes
- What is Richard Stallman doing these days
- Why do people become graphic designers
- How is industrialization responsible for global warming
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder can cause cancer
- Which is better civil engineering or EIE
- Can I travel with a 3AC RAC ticket
- Are Space Marines sterile
- Is GSM digital or analog
- Does Donald Trump have a high level of empathy
- Who sequenced the human genome
- Why do I have a headache
- Is anesthesiology stressful
- How useful is the FITJEE
- Who is the Brahmin philosophical
- Will the norethisterone tablet cure IP PCOD
- What food represents Himachal Pradesh best
- Is Johnny Depp an INFP
- What does via mean in Latin
- Female circumcision helps prevent yeast infections
- What do conservatives think of Sam Harris?
- Is a vegetarian burger really a burger
- What food can birds kill
- Has anyone found the grave of King Arthur's wife?
- Should I buy Yes Bank shares?
- What are Bitcoin and Ethereum