What makes Monster better than Death Note
For the German theatrical release of “Flatliners” (November 30th, 2017) we present you in the big FILMSTARTS horror check the duel with knife gloves and chainsaws: Original vs. Remake!
The original… brings the cult manga by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata to life in two parts and with lots of flair. In terms of content, director Shusuke Kaneko is close to the original, character drawings and figure designs also appear to have come straight from a comic book. A successful implementation.
The remake ... has neither the moral ambivalence nor the narrative consistency of the original. Willem Dafoe is perfectly cast as Ryuk, the god of death, but the bottom line is that the characters are neglected. In particular, the two main characters Light and L, whose game of cat and mouse is the actual heart of the story, lack a more in-depth characterization.
Trailer - Original:
Trailer - Remake:
- 11 fantasy and horror franchises that should definitely be continued
- As if the horror classic had a different ending: "Halloween" sequel takes place in an alternative reality
- The 10 horror movies we're looking forward to the most in 2018
- "Ace Ventura": Reboot of the cult comedy starring Jim Carrey is really coming
- What are the best scholarships in India
- Is a linear span a subspace
- Why do people buy psychology
- What makes meat playful
- Nah is a strong base
- Who creates words
- How do you feel after Vipassana
- Rattlesnakes are poisonous
- Which hormone causes secondary feminine characteristics?
- What are the pros and cons of life
- What did John Cabot achieve
- What purpose does hell serve?
- Should children teenagers fast
- What kind of Japanese collagen is good
- Why are transition metal ions colored 1
- What is the synonym for taciturnity
- What are the fire hazards of wine
- What makes the Helpshifts engineering team unique
- Can you wrestle alligators in Florida
- What do you think of MSD
- Which software company is the best in Bhubaneswar
- How old is the Baha'i Faith
- Is it Safe to Consume Toothpaste?
- How does net neutrality affect Bitcoin?