Are all physicists rude
Examination periods and registration deadlines
Registration for exams
Registration for exams according to §15 (1) APSO for students of the Bachelor's and Master's programs in Physics is done via TUMonline. Only exceptions are
- certain lab courses (e.g. the advanced lab course), where the registration is done via different systems, and
- the final thesis and the final colloquium.
Here, the term "exam" refers to all kind of examinations. Especially course work without an explicit exam (e.g. student seminars) requires exam registration in TUMonline. Whenever you want to have credits (ECTS or CP) you need to register the corresponding examination.
In addition, according to §15 (2) APSO, to repeat an exam after having failed it, you need to register again.
De-Registration from Exams
After the de-registration deadline given at the individual exam, the registration is binding. If you happen not to take the examination, you will receive an "X - not published", equivalent to 5.0. In general, the consequence of this is limited since final documents only contain positive results.
Hence after de-registration deadline we will not de-register you from an exam. You'll have to cope with the failed grade. However, not showing up for an oral examination without giving notice may not be well seen by the examiner.
Changes concerning GOP starting WS 2018/9
For the first time at the exams following WS 2018/9, there will be a regular exam registration for the module exams within GOP during the first year of the Bachelor’s program. The exam registration serves us to do the seating plans.
If you do not register for the exams of GOP, the legal fiction of registration according to the exam regulations still holds - automatic registration is done by the student’s office and not showing up results in not passing. For students that did not register themselves, no seating place will be assigned at first. You can take the exam without self-registration - but you may have to do it with a less than optimal seating situation.
Late registration after missing the deadline
If you as a physics student miss to register an exam within the deadline in TUMonline for a good reason, you may file for late registration using the late registration form.
Late registration of students of other departments even in physics exams is only done by the other department. For example, a student in the Bachelor's program in Mathematics requiring late registration in the Experimental Physics 1 exam needs to contact the Infopoint of Mathematics.
Physics students should hand in the completed form to Dr. Karl Dressler or Dr. Philipp H. v. Loewenfeld in person. It needs to be signed by you and either the examiner or the teaching assistant responsible for the exam organization. Take care of including the correct code of the exam - the exam number is usually identical to the module number and is never a simple integer but starts with the shorthand of the responsible department (e.g. "PH" for exams in Physics).
Students of other departments need to contact their department!
Information on dates of written exams
The coordination of the exam dates for written exams is done in two steps:
- Centralized coordination (usually before semester start)
- Larger written exams, especially those of mandatory modules, are coordinated with the other departments at TUM. Starting WS 2015/6 this is done by software aided mathematical optimization of the dates. Hence from WS 2015/6 historical dates have less to no prediction power for the future.
- As soon as this information is available, the preliminary plan for the examination dates in physics is made available in the internal section. Please keep in mind: only the final date published in TUMonline is valid at the end.
- Distributed coordination (usually until the registration starts after five weeks in the lecture period)
- Single written exams are added by the examiners after the centralized exam coordination has taken place.
Subsequently, information on the examination dates is available in the corresponding module descriptions of the course catalog and at the specific page for the Bachelor’s program in physics. Please always check the TUMonline entry!
Individual dates for oral exams
With a few exceptions, oral exams are organized by the examiners themselves. In general you will find a remark at the TUMonline registration form stating this. Please contact directly the examiner to receive your individual date.
The examiners are relatively free to set the dates, but you should keep in mind that the time between the two lecturing periods is divided into two examination periods. When you register for the first period (dummy date usually one week before the lectures end), the exam needs to be before the dummy date of the second examination period - and after if you register for the second examination period. You will fail the exam ("X - not published") if you do not take the exam at the end of the examination period you have registered for or at the latest one week after lecturing of the following semester starts.
Oral exams coordinated by department administration
For certain mandatory or required elective modules with oral exams, the examiner assignment and coordination of individual exam dates is done by the student's office in the Physics Department. Especially these are:
- Are babies allowed in prison
- Who is your favorite KoreanTrot music artist
- What is William Faulkner famous for?
- Do you know people with super powers
- What is charitable and charitable services
- How do you say hart in Swedish
- Is bad debt an asset
- How does Google use user data
- Architecture is a safe field
- What is Bhagavad Dharma
- Happiness can be achieved in any profession
- Why are subsidies cheap for farmers?
- Which cameras are compatible with OpenCV
- Why are we mortal
- How was your CAT 2019 result 1
- Do doctors ever feel frustrated diagnosing patients?
- Covers porcelain dental veneers insurance
- Why are daemes harmful?
- Is an e-commerce business illegal?
- How did Tahiti become French-speaking
- Why is your adoptive father the best
- Where do you store your winter supplies
- What's your partially falling success story
- Is Ant Man stronger than Thanos