How is reading comprehension measured
4 Helpful Ways You Can Improve Your Reading Comprehension
The success of language learning can be measured by various competencies that you should develop in the process. One of them is reading comprehension - it describes how well and how much you have understood when reading a text in the foreign language. Can you describe what it says there in your own words?
At best, can you answer questions about the text correctly in the foreign language? Do you get any benefit from it or do you have to read everything again to understand? Reading comprehension is sometimes difficult because it is one of the best ways to pick up the pace and challenge yourself; sometimes it can go too fast for us and then we have to perfect the method.
Tip # 1: Read and Look Up
Admittedly - that can be backbreaking work. Reading comprehension exercises consciously confront you with vocabulary and terms that you are not yet familiar with. The point is to get to know them and to understand them from the context. Therefore, the first time you read it, look up any unfamiliar word and understand why it is there and what its meaning is.
It's not much fun at first. But then you will notice how you begin to understand foreign language texts better and better.
Tip # 2: take notes
Take notes or give a short heading for each paragraph. You are welcome to do this in German at the beginning, but then you should continue in the foreign language. This is how you structure the text and begin to understand it better. Over time, the method becomes routine and is no longer strenuous, but absolutely sensible
Tip # 3: answer questions
We already had to answer questions about the text at school. If you don't get such questions, you can ask yourself them. At the beginning it can be simple questions as long as they are not too self-explanatory. In between, ask yourself questions that are not so easy to answer. Write down the answers in the foreign language.
Tip # 4: Read texts aloud
Kill two birds with one stone and read a text out loud if reading comprehension is difficult. Sometimes things are easier for us when we can explain or tell them to someone, even if it's just our woodchip wallpaper. Reading aloud can reveal connections as you begin to see them from a different perspective.
Above all, you also train pronunciation and speaking in the foreign language - and increase your effectiveness.
- What are the most beautiful cities in Iran
- How is ECE doing at VIT Chennai
- How does intellectual talent affect the individual's experience
- Why is word2vec a logarithmic linear model
- What is the finest car
- Can you explain the scarcity in more detail
- How is the weather in LA different from Florida
- Katharina von Aragon died of cancer
- Austrians are white
- Sex reassignment surgery will help
- Is there an operation to reduce the upper body length
- Who determines your blood type
- What makes you curious about India?
- How can I make my YouTube channel known
- Is Michael Jordan a sociopath
- If 0 is a factor of 0
- What does Kusut mean in Indonesia
- How do I make my brain stronger
- What are pay slips
- What are some craft trends
- Why don't you feel inferior?
- How much does HootSuite cost
- Which pizza is the best 1
- Can CBD Help With Tennis Elbow
- Can I use a Jio phone internationally?
- What is your rating of DXN India
- Why is LeBron James such a beast
- Who makes Pokemon
- Which state universities offer aerospace engineering?
- How can you improve your astrological intuition?
- Which book do you suggest for teamwork?
- How do I open a Stripe Account
- Who made the visual effects for Avatar