Can an electron transport heat
Different forms of energy can be transported in different ways. At this point, the energy transport of heat and electricity is discussed.
Energy transport of electricity
Electrical energy (electricity) can be transported via electrical conductors. Due to a potential difference, the current flows through a cable, for example. The potential difference can be imagined as follows.
Two aquariums are connected to each other via a flow (electrical conductor). First of all, all fish are in an aquarium. In order to have more space (equalize potential difference) some fish swim through the flow into the other aquarium. This continues until there are approximately the same number of fish in both aquariums (no more potential difference). For electrical energy, this means, in simple terms, that there are many electrons in one place and few electrons in another. This potential difference brings the electrons to change location via the conductor. Electricity flows.
Good electrical conductors are copper and silver. Since silver is very expensive, cables are mostly made of copper. The energy transport (of electricity) from power plants to the end consumer takes place via the electricity network.
Another way of transporting electrical energy is via energy storage. Electric energy storage devices are e.g. batteries and accumulators. As is well known, these are quite easy to transport.
Energy transport of heat
Heat can be physically transported in three different ways. Via convection, thermal radiation and thermal conduction. An example of thermal radiation is solar radiation, which supplies the earth with thermal energy from the sun. Heat conduction occurs, for example, in a hot cup of coffee with a spoon. The heat from the coffee is transported through the spoon to the ambient air with the help of heat conduction. Convection means, for example, the transport of heat from the surface of the radiator to the air in the room.
Good heat conductors are usually electrical conductors. Metals conduct electricity very well, but they also conduct heat. For the energy transport of heat, which is to be used for heating, water or water vapor is often used. In addition to the advantages of easy availability, inexpensive, non-toxic and simple disposal, water has the properties of high thermal conductivity and heat capacity compared to other liquids. These are also the reasons why water is used in local and district heating networks. The warm water is transported via large pipelines and used as hot water and for heating.
- Is the mind subjectively objective or something else
- Did you like the movie NTR kathanayakudu
- Bitcoin will increase from 2019 onwards
- Are you considerate of your spouse
- Has you ever been blown away by an astrologer?
- What is Christina Aguilera's ethnicity
- If 74 23x 68 what is x
- Where is bauxite mined
- Which book is best for NEET 2017
- What is led lighting marketing
- How can you spot false enthusiasm
- What do people like about Tiktok
- What can I use instead of bleach
- Which resort allows unmarried couples in Hyderabad
- When did Form 1099 first appear?
- Is electricity a thing?
- Does Donald Trump have a high level of empathy
- Can hairspray kill a spider
- Why don't people like trip advisors
- What is a good product of the craft
- Where is Florida located
- What made Hannibal Lecter so popular
- What does that not stand for
- Why does Gaehn feel so good?