What are some cake baking tips
Useful tips: Roadside assistance for your cake
The cake just won't turn out? We looked at the most common breakdowns and put together great first aid tricks for you so that the cake is ready in time for Sunday coffee.
Cake mishaps: the best tips
Cake is not quite through: what to do?
Freeze the cake piece by piece
The advantage of freezing individual pieces: You can eat the pieces in portions without having to defrost the whole cake. However, some cakes and pies are simply not suitable for freezing. Pudding fillings or buttercream cakes become watery, cakes with icing or meringue are absolutely inedible. Cakes and tarts with yoghurt, quark or a lot of cream are also unsuitable - the cakes flake out and are unusable and unfortunately absolutely no pleasure for your guests.
This is how you make cakes long-lasting
Remove the cake from the pan
Baking breakdown: what to do?
Always grease well
Remove the cake warm or cold?
What if the cake collapses?
That is why the cake collapses:
- One reason your cake will lose volume again is the temperature of the ingredients. The ideal mixing temperature of the cake components is no lower than room temperature. Only when butter, margarine, milk and the like are at room temperature can the ingredients be ideally mixed into a smooth mass - which is essential for the success of the cake.
- It is also important to fold in the ingredients. If the egg white is not beaten stiffly and the ingredients are not lifted correctly and quickly under the dough (for example, the flour is simply added instead of sieved), the dough loses its volume - which does not come back even after baking.
- If the dough has been stirred for too long, it will also lose volume and air. The cake will then not be as fluffy as you would like it to be, but more reminiscent of a sturdy stone.
- An equally good reason could be that your oven is heating unevenly or under-heating. Check the temperature with circulating air and top / bottom heat with a thermometer, especially in older ovens. A new oven, if yours is obsolete, saves you time - and, above all, nerves.
- The biggest mistake, however, is opening the oven while it is baking. A rule of thumb is that if you want the cake to succeed, the oven should not be opened under any circumstances for the first 20 minutes. Open the oven only as infrequently as possible to prevent "cold drafts" on the beautiful cake. When the baking time is up, let it cool down a little with the oven door ajar.
In the video: You should know these 4 baking tips
Editor's note: This article contains, among other things, product recommendations. When selecting products, we are free from the influence of third parties. For a mediation via our affiliate links, we receive a commission from the service provider / online shop concerned, with the help of which we can continue to offer independent journalism.
- The affiliate marketing business is already saturated
- Why is the focus important
- Which hero got the most angry?
- How important is biotin for hair growth
- What is intended by internal organizational analysis
- Where do recycled cars go
- What is your favorite browser
- Is there Chase Banks in Canada
- How do you design a good workshop
- What is the best novel by Javier Marias
- What is the power of hits
- Braende in California are caused by climate change
- Are karate chops handy in combat
- What is linkage isomerism
- How can I treat super dry eyes
- Who are the most famous autism researchers
- Which vegetables start with D.
- Jogging can make us thin
- Are there known black scientists
- What can we learn from Mahatma Gandhi
- Russia has nuclear weapons
- How does phosphoric acid taste
- Do we know what we want
- How to say music in Spanish