When will our train have an automatic door?
ür open, passengers out, passengers in, door closed. A process that you can see every day at our train stations. The perfectly coordinated interaction of technology and electronics, however, is largely invisible to you. And opening and closing alone is not enough. An ICE door also ensures that you do not notice any driving noise or the external weather. Our infographic explains in a simplified form how the door of an ICE is constructed and how it works.
Get in and out safely and comfortably thanks to complex technology
The door leaf alone weighs 92 kilograms. Opening them by hand is quite a feat. So that you don't break a sweat when getting in and out, the door of an ICE is equipped with many electronic helpers. These are coordinated via the electronic door control. If the gear motor receives the signal from it, it begins to turn the locking shaft and thus releases the four locks on the door. The door leaf is then pivoted outwards via a joint and moves along the guide rail into its end position. The closing process works on the same principle, only in the other direction. For your safety, on the right outer edge of the door, rubber-framed metal strips are attached, which stop the closing process with an electrical impulse if, for example, a hand is between the frame and the door.
Protection from noise and weather
At top speeds of up to 300 kilometers per hour, you would normally hardly understand your own word on the ICE due to the noise of the train. The temperature inside the train would also fluctuate greatly without the special ICE door and would be dependent on the weather. The occupants are protected from noise and the weather by a 4-centimeter-wide insulation made of foamed plastic, which is located between the outer and inner panels of the door leaf.
As you can see, an ICE door like this can do much more than just open and close. So the next time you get on an ICE, watch out for the whirring of the geared motor or the “clacking” when the latch is released. You now know what's behind it.
- Loved Itachi Izumi
- The VA is run by the government
- Which players participated in the 2013 NBA Draft
- Are babies allowed in prison
- What overpowering belief do you have Why
- How does Andhra University compare to IITs
- Who are the famous alumni of XLRI
- What closes in Switzerland on May 1st
- What is a mammal
- Why do dogs like to paw people
- How does this world work
- Why is COOH angry
- How slow was your first computer
- Why didn't Peggy work with Joan
- What is a culture deck
- Can wind turbines be used in vehicles?
- What is Forrst
- How do I appear in AirDrop
- What are the true colors of Islam
- How was your result in 12th grade
- What's your favorite photo that was secretly taken
- What are some traditional spanish songs
- Philadelphia has a bright future
- MAH CET test is easy for MBA