What is portal carrier
Bird’s Nest Olympic Stadium, Beijing, China
46,000 square meters
single-layer ETFE film
individual foil fields with a size of up to 216 square meters
Stainless steel ropes to support the ETFE foils
bird’s nest olympic stadium - made of 46,000 square meters of single-layer ETFE film
The national stadium in Beijing, unofficially called "Bird’s Nest", is considered a logistical and technical-craftsmanship masterpiece. The powerful and dynamic mesh of shiny silver steel supports and membrane fields running in different directions forms a unique sports facility, designed by the architects Herzog & de Meuron. The stadium consists of two structurally separate parts: the braided steel structure and the internal concrete boiler with stands. The primary construction of the steel structure consists of 24 portal beams welded together to form a unit. The secondary structure of irregularly arranged supports and struts, which serve for stiffening, supports this construction.
The open lattice structure was given a translucent membrane to provide horizontal protection from the weather. This single-layer ETFE membrane with a thickness of 250 µm is printed with a silver-gray dot grid in order to reduce the incidence of light. The total membrane area of 38,000 square meters is made up of 880 individual foil fields that are up to 216 square meters in size. Due to their large spans, they are supported by 4,690 stainless steel cables. Since the tolerances of the steel construction were difficult to calculate in advance, the foils were only made to measure. This resulted in its own 3D geometry for each individual field, which was determined with the aid of a computer. Each membrane field is attached to wide steel drainage channels with aluminum clamping profiles.
An interior membrane made of PTFE-coated glass fiber fabric prevents a view of the roof structure and also improves the acoustics. The installation time for the roof covering was 40 weeks.
Header image: © Margita Jocham
|Builder||National Stadium Co., Ltd. Beijing (CHN)|
|General contractor||Beijing Urban Construction Group|
|architect||Herzog & de Meuron|
|Performance from seele|
- The affiliate marketing business is already saturated
- Who is the Strongest Vegetarian You Know
- How to get up from Codien
- What is lemma in NLTK
- Albert Einstein was dyslexic
- What is the purpose of great literature
- Did you like the movie NTR kathanayakudu
- Which is better integrated or dedicated graphics
- How do you optimize MySQL queries effectively
- Can I know anything about Qnet?
- Why are extraterrestrials shown as cephalopods
- What does BMT mean in the military
- Can I sell POHA online?
- Have you ever called in sick
- Why is Netflix growth slowing
- What is special about Goa
- How do I optimize dental health care
- What is your favorite Christian Bale film
- Bullying is common at school in Finland
- Who is the inventor of the transistor
- What is quality management
- What does GSM mean in the call details
- How pedestrian friendly is Atlanta
- What is a relay state
- What is the human weakness it
- What is a comparative market analysis
- Who are the most famous autism researchers
- Are you considerate of your spouse
- How do you say it in Turkish
- How do I know someone is selfish
- Good looking men are treated better
- Could climate change make overtime this century
- Can I Take Food Carbo Gain Now?
- How good is 1080 SLI