Is Viburnum opulus edible
Family / taxonomy
Plant type / habitat
Toxicology / Toxicity
distributionForest plant: hedges, alluvial forests, forest edges, bushes, ornamental trees; kollin-montan; all of Switzerland; Europe, Asia.
descriptionUp to 4 m high shrub. Twigs and leaves are not tomentose.
|Leaves:||green, 3 to 5-lobed, roughly toothed, 8-12 cm long; Lower side of the leaf: mostly hairy; Stalked 2-3 cm long, petioles with cup-shaped nectar glands; orange-red autumn colors.|
|Blossoms:||white, often reddish overflowing, 5-fold, in flat panicles 10 cm in size, inside: smaller fruit-flowers, outside: large sterile marginal flowers.|
|Flowering time:||May June|
|Fruit:||bright red, spherical berries, 8-10 mm in size.|
|Fruit ripeness:||August September|
Other formViburnum opulus 'Roseum' - Filled common snowball
Likelihood of confusion
Poisonous plant partsUnripe fruits, bark, leaves.
There are contradicting information about the toxicity of the berries in the literature: non-toxic to slightly toxic.
Other viburnum species
- How to overcome the rethinking
- What is fishing in the oil industry
- What are the contradictions of feminism
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder therapy can work without medication
- Xiaomi will be the largest brand in the world
- A Komodo dragon is a lizard
- How do I edit a Snagit video
- Can I be happy without friends
- Makes oak good duebel
- What is Peters Schiff's job
- Where is the next Silicon Valley 1
- How do you start a cross-examination
- What is the output of python code
- Why do Python imports behave like this
- Are you angry with your DNA
- What is a null pointer assignment
- Who was behind the Arab spring
- Why not give money back to Myntra customers
- Can a nation really be independent?
- How can I improve my software skills
- Telomeres transplant would be useful
- How to do FizzBuzz with Scala
- What's your rating of UpOut
- Which government exams are their post-graduate exams