What types of psychotherapy are not effective
How effective are psychotherapies?
Clarke K, Mayo-Wilson E, Kenny J, Pilling S. Can non-pharmacological interventions prevent relapse in adults who have recovered from depression? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Psychol Rev 2015; 39: 58-70.
Cuijpers P, Berking M, Andersson G, Quigley L, Kleiboer A, Dobson KS. A meta-analysis of cognitive-behavioral therapy for adult depression, alone and in comparison with other treatments. Can J Psychiatry 2013; 58 (7): 376-385.
German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology (DGPPN). S3 guideline and national care guideline (NVL): Unipolar depression. AWMF register no .: nvl-005. 03.2017.
Farah WH, Alsawas M, Mainou M, Alahdab F, Farah MH, Ahmed AT et al. Non-pharmacological treatment of depression: a systematic review and evidence map. Evid Based Med 2016; 21 (6): 214-221.
Gartlehner G, Gaynes BN, Amick HR, Asher G, Morgan LC, Coker-Schwimmer E et al. Nonpharmacological Versus Pharmacological Treatments for Adult Patients With Major Depressive Disorder. 12.2015. (Comparative Effectiveness Reviews; Volume 161).
Ijaz S, Davies P, Williams CJ, Kessler D, Lewis G, Wiles N. Psychological therapies for treatment-resistant depression in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2018; (5): CD010558.
Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG). Systemic therapy in adults as a psychotherapy procedure: final report; Order N14-02. May 24, 2017. (IQWiG reports; Volume 513).
Karyotaki E, Smit Y, Cuijpers P, Debauche M, Keyser T, Habraken H et al. The long-term efficacy of psychotherapy, alone or in combination with antidepressants, in the treatment of adult major depression. October 02, 2014. (KCE Reports Good Clinical Practice; Volume 230).
Linde K, Sigterman K, Kriston L, Rücker G, Jamil S, Meissner K et al. Effectiveness of psychological treatments for depressive disorders in primary care: systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Fam Med 2015; 13 (1): 56-68.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the conversation with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside of IQWiG. In our methods, we describe in detail how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- How do I feel less hungry
- What glue to use on rubber
- Should we ratify the Equal Rights Amendment
- Why are flies so fearless
- Is Hollman a Jewish name
- Kills BJP's scientific temperament in India
- What do laboratory tests show
- Herbal incense are really safe to smoke
- What is the importance of particle physics
- Why is Daikon imported into Switzerland
- Meat can cause bad breath
- Can clickfunnels replace your website
- PCOS is a metabolic disorder
- Fasting can affect menstruation
- What is the troubling fact of life
- What is your favorite ingredient
- If 10x 100 1100 what is x
- What are some interesting software quality attributes
- Would you die to save 300 people
- What is Dogo Onsen
- Why are Pakistan and Bangladesh rivals
- What are the side effects of Shilajit
- Is Satanism practiced in our government today?
- Meat makes a person fat
- How can I get fair skin right away
- Is the Russia investigation bad for America?
- There is an official anonymous Twitter account
- Some jobs actively encourage arrogant behavior
- What do you mean by extramural
- What do you do most often
- INFINITE is still popular in Korea
- Is agave healthy for you
- What is the synonym for recently
- What is the best mug design tool