Where and when was football invented
Who invented soccer?
Football is one of the most popular sports in the world. Almost everywhere there is football. But since when? And where first? Erik, 7 years old, wants to know who invented football.
Nobody can tell the exact place where the game of soccer was invented. One thing is certain: people all over the world have been kicking round objects and balls for 2,000 to 3,000 years. Sure - football didn't look like it does today. Equipment and rules had to develop. The principle that two teams competed against each other did not exist from the start.
The first soccer-like game was probably played in China 2,500 years ago. We know this from images on paintings and vases that have been preserved. The game was called Cuju, which means something like "kick your foot against a ball". There wasn't a big pitch like today at Cuju, but the goal was to score goals. Players first juggled the ball with their feet and then had to shoot it through a hole in a net suspended between bamboo poles.
The Japanese Kemari was not about goals, but rather about ball and body control. This sport was played by aristocrats at Japanese courts around 1500 years ago. At Kemari, four to eight players face each other on a small playing field and try to pass balls to each other with their feet.
In Central America, too, balls were hunted down early on, perhaps even earlier than in China, namely 3,000 years ago. Peoples like the Olmecs in Mexico, but also later the Mayas and Aztecs, drove a rubber ball with their hands and feet, which had to be pushed through a hole in a stone. Winning was vital here because the losers were sometimes sacrificed at the end of the game.
The motherland of football in Europe is England. Football was already here in the Middle Ages, but was banned by King Edward in 1314 because the players were always seriously injured. That was because there were hardly any rules and whole villages competed against each other. The landscape between the settlements served as a playing field, the city gates as gates. The football ban was lifted again in 1618, and binding rules were drawn up 200 years later.
If you want to know more about the topic: Click here for our book WAS IST WAS Fußball
- Hates Jon Snow Sansa
- Google Translate is a big problem
- How much beer do the Chinese drink
- What are some negative SEO tricks
- When does lobbying become unethical?
- What are examples of yoga breathing exercises
- Who is the princess of india
- Which is telling the truth Bible or Science
- United States copyright law applies in Canada
- Should I buy or rent in California
- Can lithium-ion batteries burn without oxygen?
- Where can I find data recovery
- Should I answer old questions 1
- Is UHG better than Accenture
- What is IV Vitamin Therapy
- What if Fortnite never comes out
- Why is UBI viewed as a libertarian idea
- Modems have IP addresses
- How do real winners deal with losses
- When should I stretch in bodybuilding?
- Which software are used to create books?
- What is McDonalds doing right
- How does neurofeedback or EEG biofeedback work
- Will you answer that question
- Why is mutation a random process
- What is the troubling fact of life
- Which food contains vitamin B5
- How do you forget a friendship
- What happened to you
- When did Tesla propose the AC motor?
- Which guitar is your favorite
- Who was your favorite deceased celebrity chef?
- Who is the fastest graduate at Yale