What are the main types of tea
Classics and their typical character.
The large, classic tea varieties and their typical properties can be found here:
Like black and green tea, white tea comes from the tea bush Camellia sinensis. White tea is dried and processed only minimally so that the leaf structure is largely preserved. In particular, the fine hairs remain on the leaf, which is why the dry tea has a whitish appearance. It owes its name to this. A special type of white tea is Pai Mu Tan, which is only produced in the Chinese province of Fujian.
Like black tea, green tea comes from the same plant, the tea bush Camellia sinensis. It differs from black tea in the way it is made. Green tea is not fermented. Essential steps in the production of green tea are the steaming (Japanese method) or roasting (Chinese method) of the fresh leaf material, through which the green color of the leaves is retained. This is followed by rolling, drying and sorting.
Matcha is originally from Japan. The word "macha" [抹茶] means "ground tea".
Matcha is the only tea that is "drunk". It is finely ground green tea from Tencha, also called shadow tea. The tea bushes are shaded about 2 to 3 weeks before picking. This measure stimulates, among other things, the production of the green leaf pigment chlorophyll and this gives the matcha its intense and rich green color.
In addition, the Tencha is not rolled after it has dried, but rather the fine leaf stalks and veins are removed - in the case of high-priced varieties, this is still done today. Then the tencha is slowly ground into the finest powder with mills made of heavy granite stone, which is then called matcha. Today there are also matchas made in China using traditional Japanese methods.
Oolong tea is a semi-fermented tea, which means that when it is made, the fresh tea leaves only ferment on the edge. It comes mainly from Taiwan and parts of China. Depending on the quality, the taste spectrum ranges from malty-bread-like to fruity-fragrant, with an aroma reminiscent of ripe peaches. The cup color ranges from amber yellow to deep orange.
Black tea is by far the most popular type of tea. It comes from the tea bush Camellia sinensis. The essential manufacturing steps in the production of black tea are the withering of the tea leaves, rolling, fermenting, drying and sorting.
Pu-Erh tea, sometimes also referred to as "red tea", is a specialty from the Chinese province of Yunnan. Pu-Erh gets its dark, reddish color and strong, earthy taste through a special post-fermentation.
- What are the best Bollywood short films
- Is women's basketball more popular than hockey
- Attendance at DAV College Chandigarh is compulsory
- What did Chihuahua eat in the wild
- Is bone china vegan
- What are the alternatives to watchcount com
- Who insures the insurance company
- What if Fortnite never comes out
- Why do my dogs vomit orange
- What does Ozma
- Where are the halogens
- Who is your favorite author for American children
- Which college football fans travel best
- What are the values of Protestantism
- Who is Scarlett Johansson from 2019?
- What are the best graphic design applications
- What is the finest car
- Who is Harsh Mariwala
- Which country owns Hubble Telescope
- How is satan and hell
- Top IT Companies in India 2018
- Who can be my lantern friends
- How do chemicals cause mutations
- How do I reach my sales target