What is the best version of the Tekla structure
Open theme with navigation
Note. This import / export function does not belong directly to SCIA Engineer. However, it can be useful for users of SCIA Engineer. This chapter is only a brief introduction; more information and assistance is available from SCIA support.
Note: The interface works with versions 15 and 16 of Tekla Structures.
If you cannot use the IFC format to export to and from Tekla Structures, you can use the STEP Steel format. Alternatively, export via an API for Tekla Structures is available.
STEP Steel format
Tekla to SCIA Engineer
Export a project to Tekla Structures using the StepSteel export option. For this example we will use the file name “Tekla_output.stp”.
Open the "Tekla_output.stp" file and replace the text 'FILE_SCHEMA ((' DATA_SECTION_SCHEMA_3_99 '))' with 'FILE_SCHEMA ((' PSS_2000_04 '))' in the header. Save the changed file.
Now you can import this file (Tekla_output.stp) into SCIA Engineer.
Make the necessary changes and perform analysis and evidence.
Export the structure in the StepSteel CAD format (not Level 1-3). Example file name: "output01.stp" (see chapter StepSteel: Exporting the structure model).
Change the headers: Replace 'FILE_SCHEMA ((' PSS_2000_04 '))' with 'FILE_SCHEMA ((' DATA_SECTION_SCHEMA_3_99 '))'.
Save the file as “output01e.stp”.
SCIA Engineer to Tekla
You have to create a new STP file in SCIA Engineer (e.g. "Esa_output.stp"). Select the Stepsteel export CAD option (not Level 1-3) (see chapter StepSteel: Exporting the structural model).
Open the "Esa_output.stp" file and replace the text 'FILE_SCHEMA ((' PSS_2000_04 '))' with 'FILE_SCHEMA ((' DATA_SECTION_SCHEMA_3_99 '))' in the header. Save the changed file.
You can now import this file (Esa_output.stp) into Tekla Structures.
API for Tekla Structures
The following items can be exported via the Tekla Structures API:
- Geometry of straight beams and columns (start and end nodes)
- Material from the mapping database
- Cross-sections (assignment database) or geometric profiles (with the exception of twin profiles)
- Centered, ey, ez
- Member system axis (zero axis)
- welded cross-section
1. Choose File> Export> Tekla File.
2. A file with the extension S2T is written.
3. Then run the Tekla plug-in "Scia2Tekla.exe".
4. Load the S2T file as well as the material and cross-section assignment database. Otherwise the standard profile (rectangle 10x10) would be used.
5. Click the Load data into Tekla Structures button.
6. The project is imported into Tekla Structures.
Note: Tekla Structures must be started before performing step 5.
- "New" opens a new dialog for the Scia2Tekla plug-in without any default settings.
- "Open" opens a dialog for selecting STS files (Scia to Tekla settings).
- "Save" saves your dialog settings as an STS file (settings Scia to Tekla).
- "Save as" saves your dialog settings as an STS file (Scia to Tekla settings).
- "Close" closes the plugin dialog.
File from SCIA Engineer
loads the S2T file to be imported into Tekla Structures.
Name of the new project in Tekla
gives the name of the Tekla model.
Scia Engineer model
selects the analysis or structural model for export.
Material mapping library
loads an XML file in which the material assignments are listed.
Cross-section mapping library
loads an XML file that lists the profile assignments.
Load data into Tekla Structures
starts the import process for the file in Tekla Structures.
Edit material library
Opens a dialog for creating and changing the assignment table for materials.
Edit CSS library
Opens a dialog for creating and changing the assignment table for cross-sections.
closes the dialogue.
A window at the bottom of the dialog shows the log. You can use this window to specify which data is to be shown in the log. To the right of this you can write the log in a text file.
Editor for the mapping library
Mapping libraries are saved in XML format.
They contain information about the versions of Tekla Structures that were tested with it.
There are two working modes available: administrator (SCIA employee) and user:
- Administrators can create the main database.
- Users can only create user databases.
Open topic with navigation
- How do I solve 5 3 2
- What are the uses for polyvinyl chloride
- Does an old battery consume more electricity
- Let's go sleepwalking in the direction of Armageddon
- How is a price for newspaper advertisements determined
- What is integrated procurement
- What if people suddenly disappeared from the earth
- What does the Torah say about Abraham
- What is concentrated sugar
- How can a computer engineer earn more
- Is organic white flour still bleached?
- A Komodo dragon is a lizard
- Jio Fiber is available in Varanasi
- How does the drinking bird work
- When did NetApp introduce Flexpod?
- Which course do you choose 1
- Which is the best anime ever
- What is A4 paper
- How is the Digital Marketing Institute?
- What is a sign of weak lungs
- What do service dogs get for it
- What is the environmental impact of bushfire
- What are the problems Americans face
- Why are longboards better than skateboards