What are the most common German words
panorama : The most common words: "the", "and", "in", "to" and "the"
Germans only use around three to four percent of the vocabulary of their mother tongue in their daily conversations. "The average German speaker has around 12,000 to 16,000 words in stock, including 3,000 to 4,000 foreign words," said Helmut Walther, consultant at the Society for German Language (GfdS).
According to the Germanist, the total German vocabulary is estimated at 300,000 to 400,000 words. In the standard work of the German language, the "Duden in ten volumes", there are 300,000 explanations of meanings alone. It is not unusual for Germans to use only a small part of their vocabulary in the language. "We don't need more words in everyday life," said the expert. Each person can choose the part they need to speak from the large number of words. However, people can understand a lot more. "On average, Germans understand four times as many words as they use themselves," said Walther.
A normal German text consists of 95 percent of the 4000 most common words, said Walther. "The rest is hardly needed." According to Walther, 90 percent of a text can be understood with the 2000 most frequent words. The most used terms in the German vocabulary are "die", "and", "in", "zu" and "den". Nouns make up half of the vocabulary, verbs and adjectives / adverbs each make up a quarter. "The other parts of speech are hardly relevant," said Walther.
- Hartford Connecticut is a polluted city
- Reality and fantasy are mutually exclusive
- Thrive in adversity
- Bitcoin miners really double the bitcoins
- Are all police departments unionized?
- The web scraping tool is Scrapy free
- What is the rarest succulent plant
- How many compositions of classical music are there
- How do I lose thigh fat
- Why I can't keep fighting
- What is better when you enjoy it from afar
- What is healthier salads or sushi rolls
- What overpowering belief do you have Why
- How is Thai different from other languages?
- What is some speculation related to MH370
- Which Hadoop level is called Mapreduce
- How were headphones made
- What are the effects of food allergens
- Are the Telugu smarter than other Indians
- Which state has the best fisheries
- What is the lifespan of a dragonfly
- Seriously how do you meet women
- What are the contradictions of feminism
- What is a percent purity assay