What is the origin of filo pastry
Ingredient: filo pastry
|100 filo pastry contain:|
|Calorific value:||1377 kJ / 329 kcal|
|Dietary fiber:||2.0 g|
|Recipes that refer to this ingredient.|
Filo pastry (Filo pastry, Turkish Yufka) is a dough reminiscent of puff pastry and strudel pastry used in Turkish and Arabic cuisine. It is used for the production of various baked goods such as Börek, Gözleme or Baklava. It is made from flour, oil, water and salt and, according to some recipes, also with yeast.
After resting for a short time, the smooth dough is rolled out, brushed with oil and folded like puff pastry several times (toured) and then rolled out again very thinly. Touring can be omitted if the dough has been rolled out very thinly and several layers of oil are coated on top of each other during further processing.
Ready-made yufka dough sheets are available in Turkish grocery stores. In western cuisine, they have been increasingly valued since the 1990s - usually called filo dough - as a coating for tender pieces of meat and fish that can be fried or baked so gently.
In Germany, Dürüm Döner is also regionally called Yufka Ekmegi refers to a kebab that is prepared with Dürüm instead of pide, a very thin flatbread. The Mexican tortilla, fajita and burritos are very similar to Dürüm.
Filo dough can also be used to bake edible pots, in which ragouts or thick soups can be served very nicely. To do this, you bake the rolled out dough between two fireproof cups or similar vessels.
Yufka production in Turkey
Making a Ispanaklı Gozleme:
Fill with a spinach yogurt sauce
Finished Yufka roll with yoghurt sauce in the hotel restaurant
See also 
- Why is India the best 1
- Why does visionary leadership fail
- At what age should I start modeling
- Is school very important or not
- Which electric guitars are the most dubious
- Masked protests should be banned
- How do I get website leads
- How does humanity help
- What do I feed Cory Catfish
- Where do people go who die?
- Xiaomi will be the largest brand in the world
- Who is the most inspiring musician of all time
- People wanted to eat starch
- US nuclear submarines carry ICBMs
- Will cars ever be out of date?
- What tech companies are the next wave
- Are Mobikwik's offer real
- How did the 4th Hokage seal Kurama?
- Can narcissists change their minds?
- Funds transferred can be accessed through Swift
- How does the ginger plant grow
- Why did Android tablets fail
- What is heterotrophic nutrition
- All human emotions are just survival instincts
- How is the weight of a boat calculated
- Why do doctors seem to intimidate patients?
- What made you nice to animals
- Who are some Russian classical composers
- What is academic vocabulary
- How fast do the Toronto subways go
- Is 20 20
- It is worth buying a smart lightbulb
- How important is linear algebra in business
- How can I avoid tearing during childbirth?