Was George Harrison the most underrated Beatle
I must have been eight or nine years old when I discovered the Beatles. My brother had a couple of records that I stole from his room. I especially liked “Abbey Road”, because of the cover, of course, and because I could tell from the back that the record was released in 1969, the year I was born.
Soon I had the Red and Blue Albums, as well as a book of lyrics, pseudo-psychedelic drawings, and photos. At the latest by looking at these photos, Ringo became my favorite Beatle. He looked funny and approachable, and seemed to have the most fun about this Beatles thing. Ringo was the children's beat.
Ringo Starr was the only Beatle with a stage name
From then on I attributed everything funny in Beatles music (the nautical commands in “Yellow Submarine” or the children's voice in “The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill”) to him. I found the other three rather meaningless, although Lennon seemed a little creepy to me, as he appeared more as a sun boy at the beginning, but in the later phase had the look of an old grandma.
In addition, Ringo was clearly the best songwriter in the band: Hello - the man had composed "Octopus’s Garden", my favorite song! The lines "I’d like to be under the sea / In an octopus’s garden in the shade" resonated incredibly strongly in me, they still do today.
What also impressed me: Ringo was the only Beatle who used a stage name. And what a one! That's what everyone wanted to be called! Anyone who claims that Ringo Starr is not a good drummer will probably also think that Bob Dylan cannot sing. I feel sorry for these people, they understand little about music and even less about the human soul.
Ringo Starr is the most song-writing drummer there is. However, he does not just deliver a simple beat that supports the song, its melody and its text, possibly a solo and the harmonic gems - it incorporates a ringo commentary level into almost each of its parts and thus becomes from the rhythm worker to the melodic co-narrator Pieces. Often his game seems to say: Okay, this may be a sad song about a woman who passed away, but the story is not that simple, there were also funny times.
“Ticket To Ride”, “Rain”, “Strawberry Fields Forever”, “Revolution” or “Come Together” would be completely different pieces without Ringo, far less special and fascinating. My favorite part
he plays on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps": the open hi-hat and then this sloppy accompanying beat. Or is it his first break in “A Day In The Life”, quite surprising
placed after the first line of the second stanza? Or maybe his solution to the seven-eighths situation in “Here Comes The Sun”?
Love & Peace and Playboy Life
When the Beatles recorded the “White Album”, Starr was initially indisposed and McCartney drummed in his place, which irritated the sensitive Ringo even more. Lennon sent a telegram ("You're the world's best rock drummer, come on home!"), And George Harrison decorated his instrument with flowers on the occasion of the drummer's return.
While his three colleagues realized themselves on their solo albums after the end of the Beatles, Ringo led a 70s Playboy life like a picture book: He played a Mexican bush thief named Candy in an Italian western and a caveman in the cave explorer film "Caveman" During the filming of which he met his second wife, the actress Barbara Bach.
In between he hung out with Marc Bolan and Keith Moon. Of course, he also released solo albums (on which his Beatles colleagues always played), but these records sound like the musical continuation of said 70s Playboy life. Ringo has been Mr. Peace & Love since the 1990s, and since 2008 he has only been signing autographs for charity projects.
Of course he is aware that he is always underestimated as a musician. People thought anyone could play like that. "Well - they can’t."
On July 7th, Ringo will be 80 years old. Congratulations, favorite drummer!
- Why does an NPD lie so much
- What are the best premieres in life
- TeamViewer is free for personal use
- Is marble stronger than steel
- What is the pressure of gas
- Would you let Trump go out with your daughter
- Khrushchev was intelligent
- As Egyptian hieroglyphs show inflection
- The swamp in Washington is getting bigger
- How do I learn SapUI5 from the beginning
- What are some interesting autological words
- How is butane used as a solvent
- How does gravity move the earth
- Are animals afraid like humans
- If 3x 4 10 what is x
- How is Java for Competitive Programming
- Will the UAE ever host the Olympics?
- Why do people like singers
- Non-metals react with H2O and acids
- What are acai berries
- Why should anyone write about you
- How is PayZapp
- How to buy filling in Paris
- What is the safest truck
- What is the difference between winning and being successful?
- What is the lightest solid on earth
- Which startups are based in Alsace, France
- Why are religious texts sexist
- Which countries absolutely do not let anyone go
- Why is Tokyo so cool
- Which Linux operating system is the most powerful
- How do INTPs feel towards their parents?
- What is an overload of the operator in c
- What is DeviantArt encoded in