Intermittent fasting may promote cancer
A clinical study with cancer patients who received chemotherapy showed that a longer fasting period initiates the regeneration of the immune system by activating more stem cells to produce new leukocytes.
Fewer chemo side effects from fasting
Another study found that cancer patients who integrated fasting periods into their cancer therapy experienced fewer side effects from chemotherapy. Fasting also reduces protein kinase A levels. This is an enzyme that is associated with an increased risk of cancer and increased tumor growth.
Therapeutic fasting - which method?
Of course, there are very different fasting methods - although this is not about z. B. Alkaline fasting is about, but only about variants in which you do not eat, i.e. only drink. For example, you can fast with water and healing earth alone. Juice fasting is also possible (ideally with green juices (and only rarely fruit juices) or fasting with tea, juices and vegetable broth.
In addition, the duration of the fast varies. You can fast for one day (16 hours or more), three days, a week or even 30 to 40 days. Or you can fast a few days each month. In cancer, for example, one could fast with green juices at least once a month for three days using the method described below.
Green juices are
* As an alternative to fresh grass juice, you can also use wheatgrass powder: see here at this link.
The juices can be supplemented with chlorella, spirulina or moringa powder or suitable food supplements with cancer-inhibiting effects, such as B. turmeric or sulforaphane.
An example of a fasting day:
- Soak 6 prunes in 300 ml of water the morning of the previous day, mix everything in the evening and drink the mixture slowly.
- The next day you start - z. B. at 7 o'clock - with a small teaspoon of healing clay or bentonite and a small teaspoon of psyllium husk powder with a large glass (300 ml) of warm water.
- Then - half an hour later - there is warm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- An hour later (8.30 a.m.) you can drink an alkaline herbal tea or lapacho or rockrose tea.
- Another hour later you drink a green juice and other green juices spread over the day every two hours (approx. 150 - 200 ml each) and in between still water, as much as you like.
- In the evening you drink tea again.
If therapeutic fasting is now integrated into cancer therapy, then it is crucial that cancer patients do not start fasting on their own, but rather do so in cooperation with a fasting director, a fasting doctor or appropriately trained alternative practitioner.
If there is already a pronounced physical weakness and / or weight loss, which can be the case with advanced cancer diseases, only very short periods of fasting should be used.
It is therefore very important that every holistic or complementary cancer therapy is individually tailored to the individual patient and that no fixed programs are followed.
Therapeutic fasting as an alternative healing method
The currently clinically applied principle of cancer therapy is determined by the removal or destruction of cancer cells. There are therefore three options: surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. This therapy principle has governed oncology for many decades.
Without a doubt, the further development of surgical techniques and the improvement of radiation and chemotherapy have certainly also improved the success rates. Nonetheless, the death rate from cancer remains roughly the same. This is because some forms of cancer improved, but many others had an increased death rate.
Two thirds of cancer patients still die of their disease (or the side effects of the therapy?), So it would be high time to offer those affected alternative healing methods such as therapeutic fasting. Because one thing is certain: It is not enough to destroy and remove tumor cells if the immune system of the organism and, last but not least, the human soul are not taken into account.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Derek Henry, "Fight cancer by fasting," Natural News, January 2015, (Fight Cancer By Fasting)
- Dr. rer. nat. Johannes F. Coy, "The New Anti-Cancer Diet", September 2009
- Longo VD, Fontana L., "Calorie restriction and cancer prevention: metabolic and molecular mechanisms, Trends Pharmacol Sci., February 2010, (Calorie restriction and cancer prevention: metabolic and molecular mechanism)
- Rieger J, Bhr O, Maurer GD, Hattingen E, Franz K, Brucker D, Walenta S, Kmmerer U, Coy JF, Weller M, Steinbach JP., "ERGO: a pilot study of ketogenic diet in recurrent glioblastoma., Int J Oncol., June 2014, (ERGO: a test study of the ketogenic diet for recurrent glioblastoma)
- Dörr C et al .: "Synthetic lethal metabolic targeting of cellular senescence in cancer therapy", nature, September 2013, (The synthetic lethal metabolic targeting of cell aging in cancer therapy)
- Lee et al., "Fasting Cycles Retard Growth of Tumors and Sensitize a Range of Cancer Cell Types to Chemotherapy," Science Translational Medicine, July 2012,
- Seyfried T et al., "Cancer as a Metabolic Disease". Nutrition and Metabolism, 2010, (Cancer as a metabolic disease. Nutrition & Metabolism)
- Safdie FM et al., "Fasting and cancer treatment in humans: A case series report," Aging, December 2009,
- Dr. med. Hellmut Lützner, "Fasting and Nutritional Therapy: 40 Years of Experience", 2009
- H. A. Fahrner, "Fasting as Therapy", 1985
- Dr. med. Walter Surböck, "The Importance of Therapeutic Fasting in Oncology", 2002
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- When will Snapchat go public?
- How do you control your diabetes
- What is the cognitive explanation for sense of language
- Why does this site make me depressed
- Why is mass communication a social force
- You should hire for the personality
- What are Canada's Core Values
- How does a revolution come about?
- Where can I find data recovery
- Is the use of the Honorable Chairman correct?
- How difficult is Chopin's Fantaisie Impromptu
- What does it mean to be thoughtful
- Are French police officers racist in Paris?
- Are my satellite subjects good
- Why are charcoal foods a trend
- Why do we need written communication
- How is real estate
- What is MCap in stocks
- Will Marvel ever stop making films?
- How many trees are there in Norway?
- What is your experience with perfectionism
- What does Indian culture mean to you
- How old is the Welsh language
- What is the difference between query and procedure
- Why do some people suppress their expression
- How successful was ancient China medicine
- What happened to the biosphere project
- What does TTMM
- What is the best library in hyderabad
- Is the US Constitution an anarchist manifesto
- How to fix an electrical outlet
- Why Do Doctors Prescribe Metformin
- How does Wrapp offer free gift cards