Are all alkali hydroxides
Questions about the alkali metals
1. Name the elements of the group of alkali metals including their symbols:
Lithium Li, sodium Na, potassium K, rubidium Rb, cesium Cs and francium Fr (radioactive)
2. Why are these elements grouped together?
Due to the striking similarity of the properties of the elements and the compounds
3. How can you identify the alkali metals?
The color of the flame.
4. According to which reaction equation do the alkali metals react with water?
2 Me + 2 H2O ---> 2 MeOH + H2
5. What do you call the aqueous solutions of the reactions of alkali metals with water?
6. What do these aqueous solutions have in common?
They are corrosive, all have the formula MeOH (aq) and color indicators.
7. What are the common properties of metals?
1. solid state (exception: mercury); 2. silvery sheen when the surface is fresh; 3. good thermal conductivity; 4. electrical conductivity
8. Name at least 5 different areas of application for sodium hydroxide!
Manufacture of paper, aluminum, paints, soaps, detergents, plastics;
9. Which reaction can be used to prove the elemental composition of caustic soda?
The reaction with iron powder produces hydrogen, hence the formula MeOH
10. Why do you use caustic soda as a drain cleaner?
Because it dissolves a lot of organic matter.
11. Potassium reacts with water. 3.9 g of potassium are used. How many milliliters of hydrogen gas are produced at room temperature?
3.9 g potassium = 0.1 mol K = 1200 mL hydrogen
12. Which alkali metal reacts most violently, which reacts weakly with water?
Cs reacts the most violently, Li the weakest;
13. Which alkali hydroxides have common names and which ones?
Caustic Soda = Sodium Hydroxide; Caustic potash = potassium hydroxide
14. How do the melting points of the alkali metals behave from the first to the last with increasing atomic mass?
You take off.
15. How can one prove the hygroscopicity of caustic soda?
Over time, the mass of a portion of fabric increases.
16. Which sodium compounds do you know?
Table salt NaCl, sodium fluoride (from toothpaste), sodium phosphate, sodium carbonate, sodium hydrogen carbonate
17. How do you detect the gas that is produced when lithium reacts with water?
With the oxyhydrogen sample.
- Passes are free for retirees
- What is the Catholic view of astrology
- What is the life of a JEE aspirant
- What prizes are given to visual artists?
- Marketing is a waste of money
- Can start paramedic IVs
- Why are things great
- What are the best found footage films
- What is the C ++ Standard Runtime Library
- What is the state flower of Maine
- What does a teenager want in an app
- Why is there so much importance attached to films?
- Can you explain the scarcity in more detail
- How does Amazon sell AWS
- How durable are aircraft carriers
- What are some unethical brand promotions
- What exactly is an arrest warrant
- Is Wipro better for girls to participate
- Is love a moment
- How can I learn to do the right thing
- How can one separate culture from religion?
- Why are there still mental illnesses
- There is always gold in the black sand
- What's the salary of Cricbuzz commentators