What is the best makeup brush cleaner
Cleaning makeup brushes: quick, easy and correct
Different types of makeup brushes
Make-up brushes are made of different materials, this should be taken into account when cleaning the brush. Many high-quality makeup brushes are made from real hair. This comes from goats, martens, badgers, ponies, weasels, polecats and squirrels.
If you reject human hair brushes for health or ethical reasons, then plastic make-up brushes are an option for you. The most common models are made of nylon, Perlon, Tynex or Taklon. The latter is particularly an alternative for vegans because it does not require animal testing to produce it. It is also great for allergy sufferers and is biodegradable.
Tip: Facetheory.com relies on vegan, animal-free and plastic-free products. You are currently getting a 20 percent discount with the code 2030 on orders over 30 euros. It's worth accessing!
Of course, it doesn't last the longest
Natural hair brushes have an irregular surface. This is where chemicals, skin cells, bacteria and make-up residues accumulate. This is the reason why make-up brushes from animal fur need to be cleaned more often and more intensively. At the same time, skin blemishes or irritations are avoided. The brushes are very fragile, which is why many natural hair brushes are not as durable as synthetic brushes.
Here's why you should clean your makeup brushes regularly:
- Hygiene: Cream residues, color pigments and dust accumulate in the make-up brushes. These clog the pores and can lead to blemishes and irritation.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of the make-up brushes take care of this Longevity of the hairs. So you don't have to keep investing in new make-up utensils.
- If you have a lot different colors use, these naturally mix in the brush. You can always achieve the best make-up result with clean brushes and sponges.
Clean synthetic makeup brushes
Brushes made from artificial materials are more resistant and show fewer bumps. This makes them more hygienic than make-up brushes made from animal hair and also easier to clean. Since there is hardly any residue in synthetic make-up brushes due to the smooth surface, you can simply clean them with warm water. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of baby shampoo.
A brush mat is ideal for wet cleaning as it catches the residue. This way you don't have to rub the wet hairs in your palms when cleaning. The brush mat then takes over the scratching effect for you, while the color pigments stick to it.
Professional make-up brush cleaners are also suitable for gently and efficiently removing all residues. We recommend this, because your make-up brushes are cleaned and dried in under 30 seconds thanks to the rotations. The make-up cleaner comes with two sachets of cleaning solution.
The Brushegg is also a great and super cheap gadget for cleaning heavily soiled make-up brushes. It's especially practical when you're on the go because it's so handy.
Always let makeup brushes air dry after cleaning! Heating air or that of a blow dryer put too much strain on the hair. It is also important that you do not set up the make-up brushes directly after cleaning, but ideally lay them out on a towel overnight. So no water gets into the wooden handles. Otherwise they can become saturated with liquid, become damaged and the hair of the brush can fall out.
Cleaning make-up brushes made of real hair
You can also clean coarse natural hair brushes made from pig bristles such as eyebrow brushes with shampoo. Fine make-up brushes for loose powder or blush made from polecat or weasel fur, on the other hand, are too sensitive. The hairs could break off or lose their shape as a result of the fat removal. With these special brushes, it is recommended to first tap them out and gently remove the make-up residue with a cosmetic tissue.
The right brush care
Carefully rub fine make-up brushes made of real hair with coconut oil every few months, so that they last a long time and are optimally cared for. However, you should not use the brush for at least two days afterwards so that the oil can soak in and your cosmetic products are not unnecessarily contaminated.
The right tool
Other practical things to help you clean your makeup brushes:
This soap for cleaning makeup utensils is especially popular. It is vegan and keeps all cosmetic brushes supple.
This sponge can be used in between when you want to switch between different eyeshadow colors. The perfect product that fits in every make-up bag! You can buy it here.
This is how often you need to clean your makeup brushes
- All brushes that come into contact with liquid products such as concealer, lipstick and foundation must be used at least once a week getting cleaned. Even better to avoid pimples would be once a day.
- It is best to at least clean makeup brushes for powder, eye shadow or blush once a month.
That is the quickest solution
If you have a lot of brushes of different sizes and shapes, cleaning them regularly can get a bit of a hassle. In this case, we recommend a professional brush cleaner. A recommendable product is this one.
Some of the links in this article are commercial Affiliate links. We mark them with a shopping cart symbol. If you buy through it, we will receive a percentage of the turnover. >> You can find out more about this here.
- Is space exploration worth the cost
- Which stars turned down legendary roles
- What is a good winter grass treatment
- What is literature and linguistics
- What is the best way to explain American culture
- Are there any free museums in Germany?
- Why is called pi
- Which punctuation mark indicates possession
- How do you say hide in Italian
- Who could replace Theresa May as PM
- Is it okay to approach a man?
- What are some good libertarian books
- What are the best GPUs for gaming
- How old is the Slenderman legend
- How can I be like Jim Morrison
- How do you set a court date
- What are the reasons for fibroid formation
- How do you make money spiritually
- Do porn stars marry ordinary people
- Can I use Alipay in Germany?
- What is the price of Realme 3i
- Are successful startup geniuses
- What's in C size_t
- Liverpool is Catholic
- What did Max Weber say about Buddhism?
- What are the disadvantages of global marketing
- What does benchmark mean in computers
- Can genetic engineering increase intelligence?
- Lime juice alkalizes the body
- Cars are tax-free
- Where can I get free SEO software
- Why do I throw up on summer days
- Where can we find instant payday loans