A gambling disorder is a real illness
Game Disorder: Video game addiction is recognized as a disease
The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies video game addiction as a disease for the first time. The classification should become official in 2018.
“You are addicted to video games” - this is a statement that many who enjoy playing video games should have heard. What was previously only a personal assessment can in future be a real diagnosis: The World Health Organization (WHO) recognized video game addiction as a disease for the first time.
In a draft of the new statistical classification of diseases and related health problems (ICD), the WHO lists video game addiction as a disease. Version 11 of the globally recognized classification system, which is now available as a draft, is to be officially adopted in May 2018.
Video game addiction is classified as a pattern of persistent or recurring gaming behavior that can occur on the Internet or offline. In doing so, control is lost (e.g. beginning, frequency, intensity, duration, ending, context) and playing takes on a priority that has a restrictive effect on other aspects of life. Even with negative effects, the game continues.
According to the WHO, the behavior pattern is so severe that it leads to considerable impairments in personal, family, social, educational, professional or other important functional areas. The pattern of gaming behavior can be continuous or episodic and repetitive.
One is considered addicted if the gambling behavior and other characteristics are visible over a period of at least twelve months. The required duration can be shortened if all diagnostic requirements are met and symptoms are severe.
Subscribe to the knowledge channel notifications in the 20-minute app. You will be informed about groundbreaking findings and discoveries from research, explanations of current events and curious news from the wide world of science. You will also receive answers to everyday questions and tips for a better life.
Here's how it works: Install the latest version of the 20-minute app. At the top right, tap the menu icon, then the gear. If you then swipe up, you can activate the notifications for the knowledge channel.
- What are malecite indians
- What is 5 5 5 10
- Why are planets more complex than stars
- Generates lift in the fuselage of a commercial aircraft
- What are pay slips
- What are some top 10 books
- Alcohol dependence is underestimated
- What are the best novel plot tools
- Did you travel to North Korea
- How do finger lengths correlate with personality?
- What is a bespoke modular kitchen
- Where can I sell Bitcoin in Bali
- Why is 432 Hz important for healing
- What are some surprising facts about golf
- How is social engineering successful
- What are some bizarre mental disorders
- Why is Trump's ego so big
- How is 1 second
- How many whatsapp groups do people have
- What is the true measure of happiness
- Where can you find a kite
- What is Conservative Correctness
- What are your favorite songs about addiction
- What is PISA education