What are some nursing interventions for thrombocytopenia
Clinic for Internal Medicine IHematology, oncology and stem cell transplantation
What is thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia or thrombopenia is a reduction in the number of platelets (thrombocytes) in the blood to <150,000 / µl. This increases the risk of bleeding events, which as a rule only occur when the value falls below a limit of approx. 20,000 / µl
The causes of thrombopenia can be divided into three different categories: disturbance of platelet formation, redistribution of a large part of the platelets in the spleen (sequestration) or accelerated consumption of platelets. Since each of these mechanisms can have different causes, a multitude of disorders can ultimately lead to thrombopenia. Possible causes are, for example, infections, vitamin deficiencies, tumor diseases, alcohol abuse, genetic predispositions, artificial heart valves or the use of medication.
Symptoms can vary based on the occurrence of Bleeding show different localization. Punctiform bleeding into the skin or mucous membranes or an increase in normal menstruation can be noticed. Occasionally, profuse nosebleeds also occur.
After a detailed consultation with a doctor and a thorough physical examination, various blood tests are carried out. In addition, a sonography (ultrasound) of the abdomen can be performed. If the cause cannot be narrowed down further, a bone marrow puncture may be necessary. Depending on the results of the examinations, further diagnostic steps may follow.
The therapy of thrombopenia depends on the cause of the disorder, underlying diseases require treatment. Medicines that prevent the platelets from clumping together (e.g. aspirin) should not be taken in this situation in order not to further increase the risk of bleeding. In patients with a tumor disease, thrombopenia often occurs in the course of chemotherapy, which is caused by the Transfusion corrected by platelets.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Waller or Dr. Heinz.
- Can burn hose water
- How do I get to Uttarakhand from Delhi
- Can a child with mild autism speak?
- Mathematical Physics Doubts about the derivation of the Lagrange equation
- What is Skanska doing
- Why does my dog vomit worms
- Die Christmas elves
- How do you live with multiple sclerosis
- What kind of psychometric tests are there
- What is the specification of street painting
- Why can vocal ability be so inconsistent
- I could get up if I'm not sleeping
- Why do dogs sniff people's eyes
- The painting by Salvator Mundi was found
- What celebrities have ugly feet
- How old is Princess Kate
- How were the archer armies defeated
- What was the best update in Minecraft
- What are the characteristics of a virgin
- What does the software do for the file transfer protocol
- Why doesn't Telangana have two main cities
- How does friendship grow?
- Who is not a film director
- Have you been selected in Infosys
- What is the Slutsky substitution effect
- How do I write a congratulatory letter
- Why is there philosophy and anthropology
- The term Inuit is offensive
- Cars are tax-free
- Buffalo Bill was a real serial killer
- What is sustainable teaching
- What is a deadly sin
- How do I upload YouTube videos
- Meat makes a person fat