How deadly is leprosy
Leprosy is a chronic infectious disease that is caused by a bacterium: that Mycobacterium leprae. It belongs to the large family of Mycobacteriaceae, which among other things cause tuberculosis in humans.Leprosy is also by the name "Leprosy" known. The name comes from the fact that lepers used to have to live outside the city like lepers in order not to infect other people.
People with leprosy develop tissue damage all over their bodies if they don't receive therapy in a timely manner. Leprosy raged in Germany especially in the Middle Ages. Today it is hardly to be found in this country. But worldwide there are around 220,000 new infections with leprosy every year - children in particular are susceptible to it.
So far, the World Health Organization (WHO) has not achieved its goal, namely to make the leprosy disease disappear from the planet: Around four million people are currently infected all over the world. Most often the disease occurs in tropical and subtropical countries where the hygiene standards leave something to be desired.
Leprosy occurs mainly in the following countries: India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, the Philippines, Nepal, Brazil, Mexico, Angola, Cameroon, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia and Mozambique. According to the Infection Protection Act, leprosy is one in Germany reportable illness.
- What are the worst productivity killers
- How do I swim to stay fit?
- Why can't you convert to Zoroastrianism
- Will watching movies help you anyway
- How is the night life in Santiago Chile
- Why does my psychiatrist keep interrupting me
- Why is UBI viewed as a libertarian idea
- Which part of the chloroplast catalyzes photosynthesis
- Why do scars last into old age
- Where in France is this place
- What are extremely low expectations
- How websites process orders
- Why did Japan bomb Pearl Harbor
- What is Louisiana known for?
- What are the symptoms of greatness
- Why are people not afraid of karma
- How can I make aluminum powder
- How does the child sleep in a swinging cradle
- How to calculate a square root
- What yoga poses should fat people avoid?
- What is half of frac 26 22
- Is Pikkon a part of Universe 7
- Why stems are round
- Is D Pharm difficult