What is power dissipation in CMOS
Next:10.2.2 Static power lossUp:10.2 Parameters for technology evaluation Previous:10.2 Parameters for technology evaluation
10.2.1 Dynamic power dissipation
The output of the inverter is loaded with further inputs. With CMOS logic, these inputs do not consume any noteworthy quiescent current, but they form a capacity that is reloaded with every switching process.
As dynamic power dissipation is the term used to describe the power that is consumed during the switching operations of the inverter stage. The mean switching frequency an inverter stage is defined as the number of double switching operations (up and down switching operations) per unit of time.
The dynamic power loss results from
in which is the energy that is necessary for a double switching process.
In typical switching processes, which are characterized by a rapid change in the input level, the cross-current that flows through both transistors during the switching process can be neglected compared to the output current of the inverter stage and the switching energy obtained is:
in which represents a nominal capacity of the load.
If the input signal has very flat edges, this component is also due to the cross current that flows through the inverter during the longer switching process. This increases the switching energy .
Fri Oct 21 18:22:52 MET 1994
- Are triphthongs really phonemes in English
- How is Canada superior to Russia
- Why is my dog mean
- What was the holy of holies
- Should I buy Yes Bank shares?
- Can varicose veins be cured naturally?
- How can I fry an ashy person
- Do you know the latest ICC ranking
- Why is ZARA called the price maker
- Is Kendrick Lamar a good rapper
- What is conjugated linoleic acid good for?
- Britain is weak without the US
- What heavy metal songs use violin music
- Do people have microdoses of cannabis
- What are some interesting unanswered questions
- What are the best documentaries on statistics
- Why was Jenkins CI called Jenkins
- What happens when you eat tree bark
- Why should engineers do an MBA?
- What does Indian culture mean to you
- What makes a liar a liar
- How do you relate to art
- Moldy bread can make you sick
- How do I learn Power BI