How can corruption be curbed worldwide
With digital tools for more transparency
Corruption is a challenge in Indonesia. For many services, employees of public authorities, such as police officers or judicial employees, demand additional payments. Public funds, for example for schools, often seep away in opaque channels. According to the organization “Transparency International”, the country ranks 89th out of 180 for corruption in the public sector.
To curb corruption, the Indonesian government has set up a national anti-corruption commission. On behalf of the Federal Development Ministry (BMZ), the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) GmbH supports the commission in the fight against corruption. The population is specifically involved through digital applications.
With the support of GIZ, the Anti-Corruption Commission has developed an app that makes information about certain public institutions accessible. Data from 48,000 local administrations, 404,000 schools and 2,777 hospitals are now accessible via this citizen app. Citizens can use it to access data on schools, hospitals and their budgets, for example, and to rate and comment on the facilities. Collected information from users makes it clear where budget and performance are conspicuously disproportionate.
Two web portals were also designed and set up with the support of GIZ: The wealth declarations of politicians and public employees are published in an online database. More than 35,000 users access the site every month. The media use the asset declarations to investigate the unusual wealth of officials. An anonymous digital whistleblower system was also set up to collect targeted reports of corruption. About 2,000 reports are submitted on average each year.
The digital tools also support a change in awareness among the population: More and more people are realizing that public institutions are there for the population and are demanding accountability from them. Self-confidence and transparency serve as the most important levers against corruption and thus contribute to the further development of the country.
- What's the best copywriting book
- What is a servo system
- What subjects do the strictest teachers have?
- What is Freddie Mercury's fortune
- How to Compare SEO Software
- Can creaky beds break? Are they weaker?
- What is made in Vermont
- What are some typical Brazilian names
- How can I avoid the rejection of Schengen visas
- How do the EDF people earn
- Have a drink with the bartender and why
- Which distribution of Linux should I get
- How exactly does coffee help people focus?
- Saudi Arabia is interested in human rights
- What is the past civilization
- Is 20 20
- Is the iPhone best for Android users
- Good is the Stamford American International School in Singapore
- What animal or bird cannot see
- Why do stars collapse
- Can an electron transport heat
- How do you stop aphids
- How was rainwater polluted
- What are some unknown facts about Madurai